Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEERS O'Connells bar Galway. Probably the best pub in the world.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I haven't seen remorse like that since the Japanese businessman thread.

I wanted you to be happy :/. Didn't want to leave an Ah'er behind is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

doovdela wrote: »
    We shall wait and see then! :p

We shall and I'll be right* :)

or wrong, but probably right.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Maybe
    I see I've been mentioned, screw you guys :pac: I'd a great fcuking night....

And Mickey, remember when I said I never received my free Grolsch, that's technically true, I hadn't.... but I had switched to Tiger at the time, so it's "Kinda" my fault, I think I had ordered a Tiger and that's why someone had ended up with it.... whoops :D

Legends the lot of ye, and if I talked to you for more than 30 seconds, I remember your face..... if the time was before 9 o clock, after then I only remember The Master trying to come onto me, Talking the ear off of Jobeenfitz and slutdancing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

No
    My memory from the night is terrible, I remember hearing most of the names in the thread over the course of the night but there's only 4 or 5 I could actually put a face to. The Skeff is a total blur as well..anything could have happened there and I'd be none the wiser

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Harps wrote: »
    My memory from the night is terrible, I remember hearing most of the names in the thread over the course of the night but there's only 4 or 5 I could actually put a face to. The Skeff is a total blur as well..anything could have happened there and I'd be none the wiser
    That was a classy place....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Chinpool wrote: »
    That was a classy place....

Think iv been there but defo walked passed it.

You be fairly hammered after a tiger beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Maybe
    The Skeff was bit of a blur alright
    Remeber some faces, remember some names, remember some usernames but to match the name to the face to the username is tricky- especially with stupid amount of alcohol taken :P
    I remember lizT as she kept threatening to ban me :(

Woke up with bag of taco chip from charcole grill somehow under my pillow and worst hangover I have ever had in my entire life- t'was good night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Maybe
    wprathead wrote: »
    The Skeff was bit of a blur alright
    Remeber some faces, remember some names, remember some usernames but to match the name to the face to the username is tricky- especially with stupid amount of alcohol taken :P
    I remember lizT as she kept threatening to ban me :(

Woke up with bag of taco chip from charcole grill somehow under my pillow and worst hangover I have ever had in my entire life- t'was good night :)

That LizT one sounds like an awful bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

No

Please tell me you didnt go to charcoal aswell!!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

Maybe
    Harps wrote: »

That's interesting, as the last time I spoke to you (cca 23:45 hrs) I tested your level of out-of-it-ness by setting a mental trap; would you have any recall of that point in the proceedings?

Anyway, the reason it's interesting is that you acquitted yourself amazingly well for a glassy-eyed person who had to lean on the wall for support. Duly impressed. :)

• Advertisement

Maybe
    Haha yup, think drunk people to charcole grill is like moths to light- just end up there innately

No
    Haha yup, think drunk people to charcole grill is like moths to light- just end up there innately

But..but..u went to supermacs...u cant have gotten both surely?!

Maybe
    sammyjo90 wrote: »
    But..but..u went to supermacs...u cant have gotten both surely?!
    I vaguely remember being in supermacs and then got urge for taco- don't think I got anythin in supermacs... ? :/ defo got charcole as I ruined one of pillows

No
    I vaguely remember being in supermacs and then got urge for taco- don't think I got anythin in supermacs... ? :/ defo got charcole as I ruined one of pillows

Haha ok then, thats a little better I guess! Drunker than I thought you were so if u ruined your pillow!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Maybe
    We should have the beers in O'Connell's again. All the staff, down to the last person were brilliant. If you can't make it from Dublin, tough. I'll get myself to Galway :p

Best drinking city in Ireland, by a mile.

Don't shoot me, but maybe have it in Galway every second time? Will give a chance for people who can make it easier to get to Dublin to go?

:)

But if in Galway, O'Connells all the way. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Having missed this one, I am all in favour of moar Galway beers! Sounds like it was epic fun. I would expect no less from Galway. And AH, of course :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Nobody loves Carlow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Carlow doesn't even love Carlow.

Maybe
    OOh never been to the Foundry!

Hard for a lot of people to get to... in that they won't want to go there. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Maybe
    Carlow is a terrible choice, it's a pain in the balls to get to if you don't drive.

• Advertisement

No
    Reasonably priced accomodation is also a factor too

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

Maybe
    Galway and Rub Dub Dub are the only places that would make most people happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Maybe
    Beers in Cork could be fun.... I like going out in Cork, some nice pubs, accomodation reasonable enough too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

No
    geekychick wrote: »
    That's interesting, as the last time I spoke to you (cca 23:45 hrs) I tested your level of out-of-it-ness by setting a mental trap; would you have any recall of that point in the proceedings?

Anyway, the reason it's interesting is that you acquitted yourself amazingly well for a glassy-eyed person who had to lean on the wall for support. Duly impressed. :)

Mental trap?? No idea what you're talking about there :pac:

I remember arguing with you whether we met at the Galway beers last month then talking about some other random stuff, I went off to get a drink after a while and have no real memory of talking to you after that

Carlow doesn't even love Carlow.

That's true.........sure look at the shape of the county. It's like it's fighting ti get out of there or something.
    Larianne wrote: »
    OOh never been to the Foundry!

Hard for a lot of people to get to... in that they won't want to go there. :pac:

The Foundry.....not even once! :pac: Carlow is like The Hangover.........you go missin' 'cos Carlow's got ya now.
    Seaneh wrote: »
    Carlow is a terrible choice, it's a pain in the balls to get to if you don't drive.

I'm not even from Carlow and I have no connections to it at all. I just wanted to let people know it exists.

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Reasonably priced accomodation is also a factor too

Field + tent = sorted.

Maybe
    Field + tent = sorted.

What's your fascination with Carlow?

..oh, I know...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

None of you fcukers are welcome in Carlow.

Maybe
    Super-Rush wrote: »

There he is! :pac:

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    What's your fascination with Carlow?

..oh, I know...

:D

Ha, no idea...........if you know then tell me!
    Super-Rush wrote: »

Ohes noes!

Advertisement