Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEERS O'Connells bar Galway. Probably the best pub in the world.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Maybe
    Jebus, why all the hate for Fundalk????

Have you been??

No
    If you come to Limerick I'll buy everyone a drink.
    I mean one, you can share.

We'll take one magnum sized bottle of Grey Goose. Thanks :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Larianne wrote: »
    Have you been??

I have spent quite a bit of time there yes. Worked there for a while too. :)

Ya can't beat a bit of Ridleys!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

shaaane wrote: »
    We'll take one magnum sized bottle of Grey Goose. Thanks :pac:

Damn that sounds expensive :( Well played sir.

Maybe
    Ya can't beat a bit of Ridleys!

Ah, ya can!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

No
    I'll go anywhere as long as there is a semi-direct train/bus.

Mini - long time no see :)

Larianne wrote: »
    Ah, ya can!

Pfft...it's good for where it is hey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I propose Kilkenny.....'tis some spot hey!

Kilkenny is shite to go out in.

I hear Carlow is nice this time of year >.>

Kilkenny is shite to go out in.

I hear Carlow is nice this time of year >.>

Kilkenny is great, Carlow should be nuked!

I heard the hillbillys from those "The hills have eyes" films were based on Carlow locals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Kilkenny is great, Carlow should be nuked!

I heard the hillbillys from those "The hills have eyes" films were based on Carlow locals.

Touché PS, touché

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Dublin. Obviously. It'll be the first one I'll be able to get to. That's reason in itself to have it in Dublin. Not the Mercantile though. I once cleared out the entire ground floor due to an explosive decompression. Embarrassing.

You're thinking of Deliverance.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I like beer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Auntie Psychotic

Another vote for Limerick :D

There's some great places around to have it, and as another poster said if its in May, Rivervest will be on, always good craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

The Dubs won't travel so if it isn't in Dublin there will only be a few dedicated types there. And by dedicated I mean stalkerish.

I guess they don't mind paying the extremely high Dublin alcohol prices, last beers I was at they were charging 6.10 for a pint of Heineken in Temple Bar, don't think I have paid more than a fiver anywhere else ! :eek:

Anyway, for the right event I'll travel anywhere :)

No
    Depends where in Dub you go and when. You can get hit for a bítch with prices or you can drink yourself into the ground for no money. Pre-budget (I haven't been out here since!) you payed €4.50 in Wicklow for a pint of Bulmers!

No
    kingtut wrote: »
    I guess they don't mind paying the extremely high Dublin alcohol prices, last beers I was at they were charging 6.10 for a pint of Heineken in Temple Bar, don't think I have paid more than a fiver anywhere else ! :eek:

Temple bar is a tourist spot, it's always going to be more expensive.

The last beers we had were in MacTurcaills on Tara Street. All pints €3.50. Cocktails €4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

The last beers we had were in MacTurcaills on Tara Street. All pints €3.50. Cocktails €4.

Wow !! Great prices. I only went to Temple Bar last time because that is where the beers was held, good to know Dublin has decent prices! Thanks whoopsadaisydoodles.

Oh and I'll throw a vote for Limerick in also, haven't been there in over a year !!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

How about Belfast, they's schit themselves having a group of drunken free staters popping up for the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Athlone, the heart of Ireland.
    Also the Dubs doesn't have to venture too far from the pale.

No

my god was that our last beers? twas ages ago. need to get pissed with fellow madthings rising! :D
    P_1 wrote: »
    How about Belfast, they's schit themselves having a group of drunken free staters popping up for the craic

Belfast is an interesting suggestion, the issue I would have is the need for currency conversion.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Maybe
    G-G-G-G-Galway gets my vote

No
    I am so fricking up for this, obvs dependant on when it is and all but i want to get rattered

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

How messy are these generally? Is it just a few quiet pints or do people end up going home without their pants?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

MadYaker wrote: »
    How messy are these generally? Is it just a few quiet pints or do people end up going home without their pants?

Pants are for the weak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Auntie Psychotic

Just leave your pants at home altogether. Less hassle that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Maybe

Usually really quiet, sedate affairs....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

We can have 2 beers and try and out do each other!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

Might be on my own here, but how about we wait till after the leaving cert to have the beers eh? Get some AH young blood in there waaahey! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

No
    I'm really looking forward to this ! I apologise for my actions at the last beers :o

I'll be good this time!

• Advertisement

Maybe
    I'm really looking forward to this ! I apologise for my actions at the last beers :o

I'll be good this time!

I'm sure he enjoyed it! :pac:

Advertisement