Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage - timeframe query

Options
  • 12-03-2013 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all, I'm a first time buyer & applied for a mortgage with my partner a few weeks back. Thankfully we have been approved. I just feel like it will take forever by the time contracts are drawn up by solicitors, the valuation of the property is done etc. Can anyone advise of their own experiences and how long it all took. The house needs to be finished by the builder and we are very eager to start works!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

Leadan wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm a first time buyer & applied for a mortgage with my partner a few weeks back. Thankfully we have been approved. I just feel like it will take forever by the time contracts are drawn up by solicitors, the valuation of the property is done etc. Can anyone advise of their own experiences and how long it all took. The house needs to be finished by the builder and we are very eager to start works!

It's the ultimate 'how long is a piece of string question' and nobody else's experience will have any relevance to your situation. It could be 2 weeks & it could take 2 years..

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Leadan

Obvious answer, just said I'd chance to see what others had experienced! However, two years sounds a tad exaggerated! :rolleyes::D But thanks for the reply ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

Leadan wrote: »
    Obvious answer, just said I'd chance to see what others had experienced! However, two years sounds a tad exaggerated! :rolleyes::D But thanks for the reply ;)

2 years was certainly exaggerated.. To give you a more accurate timeframe are you purchasing a completed property or are you financing the works in stage payments?

Advertisement