Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cut off Job seekers allowence

• 12-03-2013 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey there
    I was called in for a periodic assesment last thursday, i was told to bring id, my wives id, proof of renting, and proof of job applications, i am a little new to this as i was let go last july and i had never been out of work before, so i wasnt looking for work everywhere like i was "supposed to", i just stuck to th efield in which i was qualified! i told the guy interviewing me this and that i had plans to go to college this coming sept if i dont get work, i had a copy of my college app with me, he said this was not sufficient and cut me off!

I appealed straight away, and that is currently pending, could take 6 months! so what the hell are my wife and i supposed to do to live! we are also cut off the rent allowence, so we are facing eviction!

I was down with the cwo, and she even seemed surprised with what had happened, she said that a warning would have been enough, so i have been going from the social welfare and the cwo for the last 2 days, with no joy! they said i would hear something this afternoon, but nothing!

i have also dropped in maybe 12 job applications from the last 2 days, and all of my applications from my industry over the past 3 months!

Im just wondering has this happened to anyone before? and what was the outcome? i have paid my taxes for the past 10 years, and am not happy to be out of work! i dont do smack and i am not a convicted criminal, so how does this system justify what they are doing to me? While all the shams sit in the monday club laughing at the system!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

5. This is not a forum for critiscizing Government Departments or Semi-State Bodies.

5a - 5 includes the policies of the Government Departments of Semi-State Bodies

Please be aware of the forum charter before posting in this thread.

Thanks mp22.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭rigu

we are in the same situation, my husband was called for an interview, and a week later we got the letter that hi's been suspended, for same reasons as yours, we now think to appeal the decision, how should we do that??? we have never came across with anything like an "appeal".

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Macca421

rigu wrote: »
    we are in the same situation, my husband was called for an interview, and a week later we got the letter that hi's been suspended, for same reasons as yours, we now think to appeal the decision, how should we do that??? we have never came across with anything like an "appeal".
    You will have to go to your local welfare office and get a appeal form, fill it out and hand it back in, it's a crazy situation! I have never heard I this happening before! Hope it works out for you guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Macca421

mp22 wrote: »
    5. This is not a forum for critiscizing Government Departments or Semi-State Bodies.

5a - 5 includes the policies of the Government Departments of Semi-State Bodies

Please be aware of the forum charter before posting in this thread.

Thanks mp22.
    Apologies, I didn't read te charter before posting, but it is very frustrating being cut adrift without a penny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭d9oiu2wk07blr5

OP you need to do a S.7 FOI request for your file from the DSP and use it in your appeal. You should also familiarize yourself with the operational guidelines for JB/JA and what constitutes "unreasonable restrictions" on jobseeking efforts and "genuinely seeking work".

The question is after what period of unemployment should jobseekers broaden their jobseeking efforts. Is there anything written down that after seven months that you should broaden your search and start to look at other avenues of employment? Maybe the INOU could help you in this regard. The guidelines also make reference to the fact that you should apply for jobs that you are "qualified" for. Also, was your partner advised that after a certain number of months that he was suppose to broaden his jobseeking efforts, because that is pertinent?

I'd contact the INOU for some advice.

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Jobseekers-Benefit.aspx

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Jobseekers-Allowance.aspx#condseekwork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Its all well and good to say broaden your search, its next to impossible to get a job in a field you've experience in never mind getting a job that you have NO experience in.

What world do they live in seriously?

Goes with out saying people should be applying for work but the welfare should have some cop on when dealing with people who have worked like the OP in a certain job for 10 years

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement