Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgraced by air tricity

Options
  • 12-03-2013 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Good evening looking for some help I'm currently without power due to the good people at air tricity ireland. To cut a long story short ive being I and out of hospital and due to that pay hasn't being great. I also have a sick child at home in which I sent in air tricity the required for stamped by my doctor. So my bill is over due not by much might I add but by 300e I was being called by a very rude and nasty person from air tricity demanding payment while I was lien in hospital. I then decided to lodge a complaint with air tricity about the rudeness of the calls. To which I was treated very wrongly I explained that I had being in hospital and that I needed power in my home as my child needs medical attention 24hr a day. Then I was told to send in another for within 24hr from my doctor of my power would be disconnected. I could not do this snd informed the girl of this as I genuinely didn't have the cash to waist to go to the doctors to pay to get another form. One of which I have previously sent in already. So I told the lady in credit control that I get paid on the 28 of the month and that I would clear it then. Fast forward to this evening and Esb knock on my door the man was very nice and it was not his job to listen to me which I didn't ask him to. He asked me to call air tricity which I did I told the girl the same story as this and she just said ok disconnection must go ahead. So it did.
    Now I've a sick child that I care for as I'm a single dad and no power in my house I'm outraged over this snd hoping someone could shed some light
    Please and thank you in advance.
    I also understand its my own fault over the arrears

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

My contact St. Vincent De Paul and see if they could help you out with your bill and get your power reconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭burke027

Miaireland wrote: »
    My contact St. Vincent De Paul and see if they could help you out with your bill and get your power reconnected.

Hey thanks for the reply I'm sure st Vincent de Paul would be better used by someone in a far worse situation to me. The very fact that the tactics used by air tricity where bullying tactics I feel very small. I try my best for my family.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

OP, am sorry to hear of your difficult position. Times aren't easy. Airtricity have a published code of practice: http://www.airtricity.com/ie/home/about-us/customer-charter-and-codes-of-practice/overview/. If you have made a complaint there and aren't satisfied you can pursue further with the Energy Regulator - details also on that link.

I think you should probably look at getting a prepaid meter - it helps when trying to manage a budget.

Advertisement