Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Carer Education

Options
  • 12-03-2013 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Just wondering has anyone attended the Family Carer Education course "Living with Dementia" run by the Alzheimer's Society of Ireland? I would be interested in attending as I am involved with Home Care. However it is quite a large time investment and it is hard to organise a substitute carer for the time needed to attend. Some feedback to help me determine if it is worth it would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Felice
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

What feedback can i give? I have done a lot of courses. There is no support for attending offered by anyone. Its up to you to organise your own.

To make matters worse your only allowed to do a combined total of 15 hours work education outside the home so if you are 2 hours a week on this course you can only work 13 hours

what i usully do is ask the association that offers the course for support available

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Contact The Carers Association of Ireland, they regularly run part time courses for family Carers. They might be able to help.

http://www.carersireland.com/

Advertisement