Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any big mistakes with my website?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭conorcan2

Minor points:

I wouldn't darken the facebook icon. Your facebook page is quite active at the moment, so don't hide it.

Remove Vimeo icon if you don't want to use it, and get the RSS icon to work if you plan on keeping an active blog.

Other than that, looking well!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭zbluebirdz

Looks good ..

Most parts of the site appears to be responsive-friendly.

One part that isn't is some of the animated banners in the non-home pages.
    e.g. Match Physio page. My browser width is approx 1024px and the right hand side of the banner is "cropped" - the text goes pass the edge of the browser.

Still on the banners, the "More information" button needs to move down a bit - it sits over the bottom of other text (deliberate or not?). - Referring to the banners on the home page.

While in "mobile" screen mode, the main navigator: Clicking on "Home" (from a non-home page) doesn't return user to home-page (same for Services).

As conorcan2 said, don't darken the social icons - I didn't see them at all and wouldn't have spotted/noticed them if conorcan2 hadn't mentioned them. Perhaps use a similar colour scheme as the footer?

Are you able to reduce the document/page-size of the home page - it is nearly 1 Megabytes. I'm not too sure what you can cut down exactly, but an example would be the banner images - where you have png, see if the jpg version is smaller?

Are you able to move the .js files to the bottom of the page? (keep the .css files at the top though).

At lastly, check for script errors :-)

Advertisement