Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need to transport my dog but no car

• 12-03-2013 7:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone! My dog needs surgery in baldoyle this coming thursday but I have no way to take him there.
    He is a large dog (about 40kg) so my choices seem to be limited, anyone know of a taxi that would take us?
    Any advice taken!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

I've taken a dog in a taxi before, (small dog, back seat). Call around all the taxi companies in your area and ask if they'd be willing. If I were a taxi driver, I'd have no problem with it...but I like dogs.
    Hope your dog is okay :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

yeah, i hope so too, it has been a rough day! seems like taxis won't take large dogs, only small

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Whereabouts are you OP? There is a pet taxi service, specifically for people like yourself. Can't for the life of me remember the contact details but I know someone who will know!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

I have taken dogs in taxis before - just make sure to tell them that the dog is not ill with vomiting/diarrhoea or anything as they may not want to take a sick dog for fear of is vomiting/pooing in the car. You may need to ring around but there should be someone who will be willing to transport you and your dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

OP ive been in the same situation loads of times. Ask for a large 7 seater taxi so there's loads of room in the back or the vets themselves will have taxi numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Try these, if they can't help they might know someone who can

https://www.facebook.com/PetTransportServices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Where do you need to go from and I can make some enquiries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭teileann

While driving around Dundrum recently I saw a van with something like Pet Taxi written on it. Googled but counld not find. Found
    http://pets.vivastreet.ie/pet-services+dublin/pet-taxi--24-7---0872337206-/35324974
    Good luck with surgery.

Advertisement