Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drilling a new well costs

Options
  • 12-03-2013 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I'm thinking of sinking a well instead of connecting to road water scheme so i am looking to see has anybody installed a well lately and what costs are involved like drilling, piping , pumping and whatever else is required to have our own water supply for the house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sterling10

Hi,
    Im just after getting a well drilled at the min.
    Cost €2,200 to go 170ft, but my big cost was that the earth they were digging was very gravelly/sandy so i had more steel pipe to use than normal.
    Am getting pump, tank etc priced up at the minute and its about €900. This is new build so digging etc are being done when digging is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fealeranger

sterling10 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Im just after getting a well drilled at the min.
    Cost €2,200 to go 170ft, but my big cost was that the earth they were digging was very gravelly/sandy so i had more steel pipe to use than normal.
    Am getting pump, tank etc priced up at the minute and its about €900. This is new build so digging etc are being done when digging is needed.
    If you can will you please PM me the contractor you used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭fclauson

our costs (north wexfod) where €6 per foot plus (we went 300) well head ground works (concerete, manhole etc) plus plump, pressure system, storage tank plus tratement system (PH, Iron, Manganese) plus electrics

plus there will be running costs of electricty and treatment chemicals

did not get much much change from €5K

Also check becuase if there is a water scheme in the area and you do not avail of it you will get not grant in the future when you come to replace bits (there is no grant anyway for new builds)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fealeranger

fclauson wrote: »
    our costs (north wexfod) where €6 per foot plus (we went 300) well head ground works (concerete, manhole etc) plus plump, pressure system, storage tank plus tratement system (PH, Iron, Manganese) plus electrics

plus there will be running costs of electricty and treatment chemicals

did not get much much change from €5K

Also check becuase if there is a water scheme in the area and you do not avail of it you will get not grant in the future when you come to replace bits (there is no grant anyway for new builds)
    €6 was very good. All quotes I am getting vary from €9-€12 per foot.

Advertisement