Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athenry refuse collection

Options
  • 12-03-2013 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I have moved to Athenry this week and I rang weers waste and they recommended me to buy the blue or white bags from the shop as opposed to the wheelie bin as just me in the house.And I was wondering if I leave the bags outside my drive would dogs not rip up the bags? Does any one do it this way and as far as I'm aware is it been collected in Athenry town tonight Tuesday/Wednesday morning the 12/13th March.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gjfrazer

I don't get bags, I use Barna waste and find them fairly reasonable, they collect every 2nd week. I used bags once when I lived in Cobh and I was liable for a litter fee because a dog had ripped open the bag of rubbish when I went to work and the litter warden collected it before the bin man, even though I had no control over some random dog, I still had to pay the fine, I don't like the bags and have always got a bin since.

If you decide to get the bags, the person in the shop should be able to tell you when the collection is. hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JDcycle

gjfrazer wrote: »
    I don't get bags, I use Barna waste and find them fairly reasonable, they collect every 2nd week. I used bags once when I lived in Cobh and I was liable for a litter fee because a dog had ripped open the bag of rubbish when I went to work and the litter warden collected it before the bin man, even though I had no control over some random dog, I still had to pay the fine, I don't like the bags and have always got a bin since.

If you decide to get the bags, the person in the shop should be able to tell you when the collection is. hope that helps

Thanks, I used the bags thus week and will revert to the bins from now on.

Advertisement