Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expired FAC

Options
  • 12-03-2013 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

No, you are no longer in possession of an unlicenced firearm, Did you get a note from the rfd to prove you have given it to him to be destroyed? I would imagine the gardai will want to be informed of this and see proof that he has either destroyed it or is going to
    Did you not receive a renewal form to be filled out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

What was the firearm???
    If your going to scrap it why not try to sell it real cheap or give it away???

I was in a dealers that had abot 40-50 rifearms up against the wall ready to be cut up :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

The firearm is with the RFD so you have nothing to worry about. It won't show up on Garda vetting forms as you haven't been prosecuted. You have to fill in a form in the Garda station though to remove the gun from the pulse system. Can't remember which form to be honest though. The FO in the station will tell you. As Juice said above, you'll need a receipt from the dealer to prove that the gun has been handed in.

Don't worry, you won't be in any trouble.

Was the gun in good condition? Pity you didn't put it up on boards "free to a good home" if it was still in working order.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

As the lads have said you are fine.

On a side note fill in an FCA2, supply a letter from the dealer to confirm the gun is in storage, and cancel the license. Job done.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

You can go to the station with the district office if you want, I never go to my local station any more because they always forget or lose my applications etc.. so i only go to the main station now much handier because there is always someone there.

Same as juice. I bypass my local as it's all but shut down (between no one there, and none of the Gardaí actually dealing with firearm application).

I bring mine to my main district station, and it moves the process along much quicker.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

It should be. Nobody has pulled you up on it and you can still own the gun(s) without a licence as long as you don't have possession.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Honest mistake, due diligence carried out, situation rectified. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it myself -- what with the little lad getting sick, my renewals were all late this year as well (I had the firearms in storage with RFDs as well - so long as the AGS knew what was going on and that everything was safely stored, they didn't lose any sleep either).

Not at all. Put it out of your mind.

You done the right thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Do you not think that there's a world of difference in the mind of every Garda and judge in the country between the likes of a serious criminal who has illegaly held firearms with some seriously nasty intentions and the like of yourself who make an honest mistake and rectifies it within 2 shakes of a lambs tail ?

Advertisement