Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident on the Luas.

Options
  • 12-03-2013 9:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭

Earlier today about 3 PM by the Luas Stop near Wynns Hotel(not sure of the name of the Street but it's just off O Connell St) there was this woman in her thirties who looked like a drug addict being arrested and handcuffed by two Gardai.The Luas was stopped and there were a few paramedics and fire service around as well.When passing by the tram I saw there was an elderly woman on board lying on a stretcher with I think a neck brace on.Anyone see this or know more about what happened?

Comments

It's Abbey Street. That sounds about normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Another great live show for the tourists, oh how they must love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Forget it, darkdubh. It's Abbey Street.
    FYP

Not your ornery onager

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Don't live in Dublin so diden't know the name of the street.I know that area is a big hangout for junkies.It looked like the elderly woman was in a pretty bad way so I thought it might have been on the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

darkdubh wrote: »
    Don't live in Dublin so diden't know the name of the street.I know that area is a big hangout for junkies.It looked like the elderly woman was in a pretty bad way so I thought it might have been on the news.

Junkies usually don't make the news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 valerie75

it's just the norm on the red line! Shame because it's very handy that luas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Earlier today about 3 PM by the Luas Stop near Wynns Hotel(not sure of the name of the Street but it's just off O Connell St) there was this woman in her thirties who looked like a drug addict being arrested and handcuffed by two Gardai.The Luas was stopped and there were a few paramedics and fire service around as well.When passing by the tram I saw there was an elderly woman on board lying on a stretcher with I think a neck brace on.Anyone see this or know more about what happened?

I get the Luas home from college everyday from Abbey Street and unfortunately this post is no surprise to me. There's a lane down the side of Wynns Hotels which is always occupied my junkies. The Gardai occasionally move them on and the Luas security remove them from the platforms when they're pestering people for 'change for a hostel' aka i need a naggin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

by the Luas Stop near Wynns Hotel(not sure of the name of the Street but it's just off O Connell St) /QUOTE]

.....tis a lovely spot indeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

junkie being arrested and the woman on the stretcher may not have been related. There is a major problem around there with junkies,street drinking,begging / harrassing for money and general anti-social / public order offences.However, to be fair to them attacking elderly wouldn't be the norm.
    The elderly lady may have had an accident / taken a turn. I guess if she was attacked it probably wouldn't make the news unless it was fatal.
    Somebody else may have raised it on here though

Advertisement