Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courtmacsherry Broadband?

Options
  • 12-03-2013 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hello,

I'll be moving to this neck of the woods shortly and was wondering what the most reliable option for broadband would be? I can live with 4megs, it just has to be rock-solid reliable and preferably uncapped.

I've looked at Rapid but they have a 40gig cap - that aside, can anyone comment on their service? Am I over-optimistic to ask if UPC's available?! Is there any point looking beyond Eircom?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks very much,
    Flim

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

There are 2 very good WISPs in W Cork, Nova Networks and Digital Forge. If you are beyond coverage or coverage from someone they recommend then its eircom ( if you are lucky) .

I vaguely remember 3 were supposed to install an NBS mast down there and didnt bother in the end. They probably got someone to certify they could cover the place from Carrigaline or something.

So be careful about the NBS map and you will get therefore satellite coverage which is worse than Rapid any day. Cap 11Gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 flimflamflo

Thanks for that Sponge Bob.
    Heard great things about Nova but unfortunately, no coverage in Courtmac. Ditto for Digital Forge. So waiting to hear from Eircom, who are apparently going to check my line...doesn't really bode well. As I said, I can live with 4megs...but I'm beginning to wonder if I'll even get close to that.

Looking like Rapid might be my only option - have you heard anything good/bad/indifferent about them? My job depends on access, so really have to have rock solid reliable.

Thanks again :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Thanks for that Sponge Bob.
    Heard great things about Nova but unfortunately, no coverage in Courtmac. Ditto for Digital Forge. So waiting to hear from Eircom, who are apparently going to check my line...doesn't really bode well. As I said, I can live with 4megs...but I'm beginning to wonder if I'll even get close to that.

Looking like Rapid might be my only option - have you heard anything good/bad/indifferent about them? My job depends on access, so really have to have rock solid reliable.

Thanks again :-)

Look at http://www.rapidbroadband.ie/ they say they have coverage in courtmacsharry

Advertisement