Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pursuing money from Deceased's Estate....

• 12-03-2013 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.I haven't been on here in a while but looking for some free legal advice first before I go any further.

I done fencing for a local farmer about two years ago.Between my labour and the materials,it all amounted to €10,000 for the work.After the work was done I sent him the bill,then for a few months I was in touch with him to get payment but kept getting delayed,he would say he was waiting for Farm money to come in and he would pay me as soon as he got it.

Of course I took this pensioner at his word.He was a big farmer in the area and I trusted him.Then last year,he passed away,god rest him.I waited until the months mine had passed before I contacted the family.I then made contact and was told to post my bill,which I did.

Heard nothing back for 2 months and made contact again,only to be told by his sister that he owed no money to anyone and I wouldn't be paid.It was only then that I heard the full story from a neighbour.The deceased owed money to everyone from Feed Supplier,Vets,local shops.

The family then sold all of his livestock,which made a total of €76,000,I was at the mart that night.So my question is How do I recoup my money?I have sent a bill and gave invoices for all the work but his family are denying I am owed anything.The deceased never signed anything like the invoices,it was all on the strength of his good name.What is the normal procedure here.Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Dazzler88

****Also forgot to say that the deceased did not leave a will and probate has completed on his estate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

As legal advice is not allowed, practical advice will have to do.

You need a solicitor to advise you in relation to the correct action to take, the time limits to take action, and the precautions that need to be taken in order to preserve your rights against the deceased's assets and his estate, in order to give you the best chance of recovering what is owed.

I'm not sure how you know that the grant of administration has been taken out, but if so make an appointment to see your solicitor as a matter of urgency.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement