Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netwatch. Worth the money? Any alternatives?

Options
  • 12-03-2013 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I don't know much about security system companies etc.
    A friend of my mothers has been finding her security lights knocked out/pulled down, and more recently found 9 of them shot out/stoned out.

She rang the Gardaí who looked over and showed her the security footage, and saw a few men hiding behind her trees and watching her in the Garden when she noticed the lights.
    She hasn't slept alone in the house since, and has been obviously stressed and worried ever since it has happened. She is a widow, and it is a large house that will continue to attract scum.
    She has been looking at Security Companies and Netwatch have been recommended to her, but she finds them very expensive.
    I think she was quoted €16 per day, or €4,000 per year. Now she has also said, it may be worth it for piece of mind, but is wondering is there any alternative, that is as good, but not as expensive.

She asked me, and as i know very little about the prices etc. of these companies, i decided to ask here.
    Netwatch does sound great, 24/7 monitoring and remote warnings etc.

Seems she's losing a lot of money either way, but at least with one she can sleep better at night.

Comments

Advertisement