Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

veolia - private land

• 12-03-2013 11:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

Just a bit of a question ....well maybe a couple of questions :

1. Are the LUAS Stations private land ?

2. Are the LUAS tracks private property ?

3. Are the roads that contain LUAS tracks private property ?

my understanding is that Veolia own the tracks and land on which the tracks run - the stations are definitely private property ?

the theory .... if the roads with LUAS tracks are private property in the same way that the LUAS stations are private property then .... there could be legal issues with crashes and/or parking on said streets ?

I'm sure someone will simply say something like its a public-private partnership so its still partially owned by the government or wholly owned by the government but veolia if this is the case then it means that veolia's claim that the stations are private land ...hence their private security team ??

I dont really know what I'm actually looking for in terms of other people's opinions here ....but anyones opinions are welcome on the ownership of the various different lands and/or any legalities surrounding the parking on the same streets (if the land on which the tracks exist is infact private then that would mean clampers cannot operate on it) and if this is the case....then crashes on the roads with tracks ....could these have legal issues with private land crashes ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭source

Corkbah wrote: »
    Just a bit of a question ....well maybe a couple of questions :

1. Are the LUAS Stations private land ?

2. Are the LUAS tracks private property ?

3. Are the roads that contain LUAS tracks private property ?

my understanding is that Veolia own the tracks and land on which the tracks run - the stations are definitely private property ?

the theory .... if the roads with LUAS tracks are private property in the same way that the LUAS stations are private property then .... there could be legal issues with crashes and/or parking on said streets ?

I'm sure someone will simply say something like its a public-private partnership so its still partially owned by the government or wholly owned by the government but veolia if this is the case then it means that veolia's claim that the stations are private land ...hence their private security team ??

I dont really know what I'm actually looking for in terms of other people's opinions here ....but anyones opinions are welcome on the ownership of the various different lands and/or any legalities surrounding the parking on the same streets (if the land on which the tracks exist is infact private then that would mean clampers cannot operate on it) and if this is the case....then crashes on the roads with tracks ....could these have legal issues with private land crashes ??

There's a difference between public property and a public place. Private property can be a public place under the road traffic acts and public order acts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Typically, the Railway Procurement Agency owns the land, tracks and stops. In some cases other people own the land and the RPA have a right of way over the land

The RPA have bye-laws to control behaviour on the tramway. http://www.luas.ie/luas-byelaws.html

The RPA gave a contract to Veolia to run the tram system for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

thanks - it was meerly some thoughts in my head yesterday ...thanks for your responses.

Advertisement