Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electric gates

Options
  • 12-03-2013 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hello,

I want to install electric/automated gates and I am looking for advice. First off it will be self fit, well a friend will be doing it even though he doesn't know yet:D
    Gates will be approx 7 foot long each 4 '6" high standard dipped gates i.e not overly heavy. Here is my wishlist
    - overground system
    -no stop for gates to close against i.e a lump of metal sticking up where gates meet at closed position.
    -battery back up to open gates in power cut
    -keypad with doorbell function, no intercom
    -safety features that gates won't close or open on anybody.
    -programmable so can open within certain hours for anyone or NOT
    -future add on possible i.e phone control etc
    -Very solid reliable piece of equipment

I am a bit off putting up the gates yet but I am wondering can anyone advise on a good kit or ones to stay clear of. Also can I run abit of armoured cable from pier to pier or is duct better. All do's and don'ts welcome, I probably have forgot some stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭L driver

Any help out there please!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Give Electro Automation a buzz. They might be able to help you out? They specialize in that kind of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Faac 418 kit will do you

Advertisement