Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Luke Ming Flanagan's Credibility

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    because they are voting for the other candidates.
    a protest vote would be spoiling your vote, surely.

That's not much of a protest considering it doesn't actually get the people you dislike out of office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Hopefully Burton will get the job, so the voters can finish Labour off with a smile on their faces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

ALDE possibly?

Is that a party or a supermarket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

flazio wrote: »
    Is that a party or a supermarket?

Third largest grouping in the European Parliament. Marian Harkin is VP, I believe. Ming has been working with her on the count and spoke favourably on her election so he may possibly want to continue a working relationship in a group he already has an influential "independent" friend in.

On the downside, FF are also in that group :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I've no doubt we'll see the odd rousing speech from Ming in the European Parliament and it will make the news here and probably abroad too. But let's face it the European Parliament is nothing more than a talking shop, the Commission is where all the real policy decision are made. Ming will defintely get airtime but the real decisions have already been made from above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Good loser

Mings notions about small things are reasonable.

When he scales up to the bigger issues he's off the wall.

Not stupid though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Ming has joined European United Left–Nordic Green Left http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUE/NGL same group as Sinn Fein same group as Paul Murphy was in.
    https://www.facebook.com/Lukemingflanagan/posts/643937022350284 I have joined the GUE/NGL grouping in the European Parliament. In many ways the group fits with my ideals. On issues which I don't agree the good news is that the group is a confederation with no whip. Membership of this group will I believe facilitate me in achieving the best possible result for Ireland.

Advertisement