Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Payment for jury duty on days off

• 13-03-2013 12:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi Fellow Boards Members,

As my post title suggests, I have a payment query about Jury Service.

I sat as a juror on a case earlier this year.

I am a shift worker and can be rostered to work any 5 out of 7 days.

On the week I was on Jury Service, I worked Mon (as was rostered), was on Jury Service Tues, Wed, Thurs & Fri and then I worked Sat & Sun (as originally rostered)

However, on that particualr week, Wed & Thurs were the days I was rostered off.

I worked 7 days that week. My question is: Even though I was rostered off on Wed & Thurs, I was on Jury Service so should my employer pay me for these two days?

Thanking you all in anticipation,

CompGeek

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

No imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭compgeek

Thanks Stheno, that's what they've told me and it's was a long shot but I was getting conflicting info so just wanted some clarification.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,713 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

You didn't work seven days that week; you worked three days.

You were paid for those three days, plus a further two days where you were rostered to work, but couldn't work because you were doing jury duty.

You also did jury duty on two days for which you were not rostered to work. As your employer didn't roster you to work those days, he has no obligation to pay you.

Advertisement