Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard drive ps3

Options
  • 13-03-2013 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi I have an old 40gb ps3 and the blu ray drive has given up on me it wont play games or blu ray films but will still play cds and dvds. Is it possible to buy a new blu ray drve? Or would it be just cheaper to buy a new ps3? I have been looking at the 12gb ps3 anybody know if I can take my hard drive out of my old ps3 and put it into the 12 gb ps3.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭trev179

Consoleparts.co.uk could be worth a look or ebay but be sure to match up the drives model numbers exactly, there are slight variation in sizes.

Or if you can find a ylod somewhere that the cpu/gpu was at fault for the ylod.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 toof

trev179 wrote: »
    Consoleparts.co.uk could be worth a look or ebay but be sure to match up the drives model numbers exactly, there are slight variation in sizes.
    Do you know if they would be hard to fit? Or would I be better off getting someone to do it for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭trev179

toof wrote: »
    Do you know if they would be hard to fit? Or would I be better off getting someone to do it for me?

No its very easy to do though just take it slow and be careful , I will do it for you for free if your in the cork area.

Advertisement