Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel advice for Everton game

Options
  • 13-03-2013 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi guys,
    Heading to the game this sunday.
    Would like to hear any useful tips about train stations and buses, i'm flying into Stansted.
    If the game is over at 4pm, should I have plenty of time to make it back to Stansted after the game allowing for traffic and volumes of people using trains?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

whitefire wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Heading to the game this sunday.
    Would like to hear any useful tips about train stations and buses, i'm flying into Stansted.
    If the game is over at 4pm, should I have plenty of time to make it back to Stansted after the game allowing for traffic and volumes of people using trains?

Spurs play Fulham on Sunday mate. Game is on at 3pm so won't be over until 16:45 approximate.

Won't comment any further until you've cleared up you're going to the Spurs v Fulham match!

Just to be clear you do know we don't play Everton until April 7th? Really hope you haven't booked flights for this weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

IF, you are going this sunday....
    my normal itineray is...

Train from Stanstead airport to Tottenham Hale.. every 30 mins train leaves airport. £30 roughly return... (still have never seen a checker on a train in all my journeys)..train takes 30 mins to get there.... its then a 15-20 min walk to the stadium..."Normally" for 3.00 kickoffs, i leave straight after the match, walk up to Tottenham Hale ( 20-25 mins) due to crowd..... hop on express train back to Stanstead at 5.35.. think a train comes every 15 mins.... anyway, you'll be in Stanstead by 6.10, through customs by 6.45, flight is normally 8.15 ish?? never any sport on telly in Wetherspoons.. just buy a mag, normally NUTS and hit one off in the jax! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 whitefire

irishmover wrote: »
    Spurs play Fulham on Sunday mate. Game is on at 3pm so won't be over until 16:45 approximate.

Won't comment any further until you've cleared up you're going to the Spurs v Fulham match!

Just to be clear you do know we don't play Everton until April 7th? Really hope you haven't booked flights for this weekend...

Sorry about the mistake, it's the Everton game on April 7th I'm heading to. Thanks for the advice so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

IF, you are going this sunday....
    my normal itineray is...

Train from Stanstead airport to Tottenham Hale.. every 30 mins train leaves airport. £30 roughly return... (still have never seen a checker on a train in all my journeys)..train takes 30 mins to get there.... its then a 15-20 min walk to the stadium..."Normally" for 3.00 kickoffs, i leave straight after the match, walk up to Tottenham Hale ( 20-25 mins) due to crowd..... hop on express train back to Stanstead at 5.35.. think a train comes every 15 mins.... anyway, you'll be in Stanstead by 6.10, through customs by 6.45, flight is normally 8.15 ish?? never any sport on telly in Wetherspoons.. just buy a mag, normally NUTS and hit one off in the jax! :-)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMloY4TYbZQjjeaJycO6WtmTyOrEmHE7RE9CaTBdRetGfzAPrm

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

there seems to be railworks that day. here are no services to northumberland park or hale. It looks as if the express is going to seven sisters instead. on way in you can jump on express to seven sisters and walk from there (25min) or jump on train from there to white hart lane (2 stops, 5 mins). On way back some trains are stopping at WHL station and go direct to airport. Check greater anglia website for exact times.

Also, from Seven Sisters.... you can hop on any bus heading down the High Road and they all stop outside the ground....
    Any bus ending in "9"...ie, "49","269"etc etc...

Advertisement