Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineer jobs Auckland

• 13-03-2013 3:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

I'm landing in Auckland next week on a whv and am wondering how easy it would be to find work as a mechanical engineer, drafting or in the aviation industry.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,518 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

trademe.co.nz -> Jobs

Auckland and Engineering as the filters = 218 jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 10 quinnc22

trademe.co.nz -> Jobs

Auckland and Engineering as the filters = 218 jobs

Thanks for that. Jobs market looks fairly healthy. Hopefully the fact i only have whv won't matter...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lukekelly1997

Me and my buddy are heading over next week on 25/03/2013 looking for engineers position having both done product design. We also have whv. I have applied to around ten jobs over the last two weeks and the whv does seem to be an issue. Just hope I get a job at something or it could well be an early flight home.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

What sort of time frame are you looking at for staying in Auckland?

It mightn't be a bad idea to put on your applications that you're looking to spend a good while, if not the duration of your visa, in Auckland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lukekelly1997

CatFromHue wrote: »
    What sort of time frame are you looking at for staying in Auckland?

It mightn't be a bad idea to put on your applications that you're looking to spend a good while, if not the duration of your visa, in Auckland.
    Ya thanks I might do that it wouldn't altogether be a lie either I'd happily stay on if I got the right job. Are you in auckand yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

No I'm not. I did my WHV in NZ a few years ago and so just pop in here every now and again to have a lurk.

Advertisement