Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 2), Mar 15-16, 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Bring on the Gypsies!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

7:35 kick off, what kind of time is that!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

dfx- wrote: »
    Monday Night Soccer - Mondays at 7.00pm on RTÉ Two & RTÉ.ie (Worldwide)

Unfortunately RTE no longer want expats to be able to follow the league, live matches and MNS no longer available on RTE worldwide player.

edit - actually MNS not available on the RTE player but is available elsewhere on the RTE website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

bohsman wrote: »
    Unfortunately RTE no longer want expats to be able to follow the league, live matches and MNS no longer available on RTE worldwide player.
    MNS wrote: »
    On the ROI only, we wiould like to be in a position to make Airtricity League matches available to as wide a range of viewers as possible, but have to restrict games and MNS to the Republic of Ireland only due to broadcast rights agreements with the FAI - the matter is outside of our control unfortunately.

If we were to show the games outside of the Republic of Ireland it would be a serious breach of the broadcast rights agreement between RTÉ, the FAI and other broadcasters.

Really not sure why the FAI would have a problem with games/highlights being shown outside the country but then again this is the FAI we are talking about

Can't see anything but a win for us against Shels especially with them missing Crowley. We played great stuff against Rovers and apparently battered Shels in the league cup on Monday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Heading to Cork for my first ever away trip. Can't wait tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Bringing the youngfella to his first Rovers game on Friday.

My dad (who used to go to Pats matches in his youth) is coming along too. I've told him he can stand in the away section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Bringing the youngfella to his first Rovers game on Friday.
    :eek:

Already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

doncarlos wrote: »
    Can't see anything but a win for us against Shels especially with them missing Crowley. We played great stuff against Rovers and apparently battered Shels in the league cup on Monday night.

'Battered'? Shels weren't that bad, it was only a 1:0 lost and, for a change, nobody was sent off ;)

:eek:

Already?

Step-youngfella.

He's seven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

want to go to the game in Tallaght on Fri. Any tips on getting public transport to the stadium from town? Luas the best?

want to go to the game in Tallaght on Fri. Any tips on getting public transport to the stadium from town? Luas the best?

yep, Luas stops practically outside

Luas to the Square and just walk across to the stadium or get pretty much any bus that goes to Tallaght from the city centre and it'll inevitably pass the Square at some stage.

In the evenings though, Luas is definitely quickest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Despite it being only the 2nd week, we need a win badly v the students to lift us, after defeat last week and getting dumped out of the Setanta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Cheers lads
    looking forward to a good game to start St.Patricks wkend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭- bo -

That_Guy wrote: »

Good place to go for your first away, have a deadly one. I haven't been on an away in over a year (used to get to every one), I was trying my best to make this but transport arrangements mean it's not looking likely unfortunately :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Lars1916 wrote: »
    'Battered'? Shels weren't that bad, it was only a 1:0 lost and, for a change, nobody was sent off ;)
    They were battered. They were crushed by the white and black juggernaut and it was a miracle that we only scored one.

Actually no, not a miracle. It was unjust! Clear goal disallowed as shown in picture below. Anyway Shels fans should prepare themselves for a beating on Friday evening. League Player of the Year in waiting, Richie Towell, will systematically tear your team apart.

Kurtis-Byrne-Shels-EA.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Pighead wrote: »
    They were battered. They were crushed by the white and black juggernaut and it was a miracle that we only scored one.

Actually no, not a miracle. It was unjust! Clear goal disallowed as shown in picture below. Anyway Shels fans should prepare themselves for a beating on Friday evening. League Player of the Year in waiting, Richie Towell, will systematically tear your team apart.

Kurtis-Byrne-Shels-EA.jpg

I actually want Shels to win for once after reading that.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

That_Guy wrote: »

Won't be making many away games outside of Dublin this year :(

Point would be fantastic down in Cork.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Not even Bray or Shamrock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Looking forward to this game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Bad: Think we're going to get battered on Friday.
    Good: Got three non regulars coming with me.
    Bad: They'll probably never come again if we play like we have been.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Always enjoy my local derby. SPA usually start off terrific then fade away. So they'll probably get a good result on Friday like early in 2010 in the wind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Pighead wrote: »

The champions are coming to you on Tuesday so enjoy your party while you can.

We've rented a bouncy castle for the weekend so the new lads can get a feel for your pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I for some reason think Bray will get something on Saturday night, they seem to make it difficult for Sligo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Really depends what way Mathews bothers playing, we need to play 4-4-2 against "weaker" teams, completely showed on Friday in Bray. The sole striker won't work with no Dawson/Cassidy playing behind them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Mushy wrote: »
    I for some reason think Bray will get something on Saturday night, they seem to make it difficult for Sligo.

Rovers are unbeaten in the last 13 games against Bray which is our longest unbeaten run against any team in the division.
    rest here
    ya real difficult..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

shanec1928 wrote: »
    ya real difficult..

The games last season were a bit hairy. A 2-1 win and two draws.

Bray are shíte, no bother to Sligo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

shanec1928 wrote: »
    ya real difficult..

I thought we bet them last year, mustve been a draw I was thinking. Hopefully they can hang in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Big game for the Town on Saturday. Two good performances against SD and Athlone should hopefully lead to another good performance agin Waterford! First competitive game in City Calling too! Can't wait! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Pats sold out their 650 allocation yesterday, dont know if we bothered asking for more.

Should be the usual decent amount of pats there, still looking forward to it. Should be a cracking game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

I really hope United Park is warmer than it was on Monday night. Im getting cold again thinking about it. Any win will do, cant afford more dropped points tomorrow or Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Sean O' Connor mouthing out as usual in tomorrow's papers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

monkey9 wrote: »
    Sean O' Connor mouthing out as usual in tomorrow's papers.
    Easily the most dislikeable player in LOI football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

CSF wrote: »

Can't stand him myself, even when he was with us. He's got a high opinion of himself as well. He was only truly decent last year in the latter part of the season, did nothing before that. His favourite hobby seems to be arguing with Pat's fans even when he was with us and also during his first stint with Shams

He's in tomorrow's papers saying that we lack ambition. Sure is that not what Michael O' Neill was saying about Shams a few days ago?

The irony in all of this is that we have upgraded on him with the likes of Killian Brennan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

markc1184 wrote: »
    I really hope United Park is warmer than it was on Monday night. Im getting cold again thinking about it. Any win will do, cant afford more dropped points tomorrow or Tuesday.
    The season is 1 game old, bit early to be panicking :D

one lad from work is heading to Tolka tonight, with his brother - both are "lapsed" fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Looking at stats, we've beaten them 4 times and drawn once in the last 5 meetings at Turners Cross. Point would be great as you say but I wonder if Aaron will be resting players for Monday's game.

Need Karl Moore to start. We look a lot better when he's on. Very creative player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Heading to Tallaght tonight for the grudge match. Can't wait for work to be over. Come on the super saints!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

My well has run dry, wish I could head to Tallaght tonight and Dalyer on Monday both should be cracking games.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Should be the usual decent amount of pats there, still looking forward to it. Should be a cracking game.

This is the derby I'd rather win more than Monday night, even the dullest of games are tense for me - like the 1-0s and 1-1s of recent times. The 1-0 game in Tallaght in the insufferable heat after Pats had gone to Iceland was a boring game, but tense..

Of course we will now win neither game..

CSF wrote: »

I see your Sean O'Conner and raise you Gary McCabe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭DvB

The irony in all of this is that we have upgraded on him with the likes of Killian Brennan.

I genuinely LOL'd at that comment.... this being the same KB that played for Bohs & Rovers? I doubt he'd be an upgrade for anybody based on his net contribution to his teams over the last 2 or 3 years.

Be interesting to see what the junkies think of him in November. One swallow, does not a summer make.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    The season is 1 game old, bit early to be panicking :D

I'm not panicking I just think if you seriously want to be challenging for the league no team can afford to be giving teams 5 or 6 point leads in the hope they can be clawed back. Yes other teams will drop points also but so will Drogs. I also think a couple of losses early on could have an effect on confidence.

markc1184 wrote: »
    I'm not panicking I just think if you seriously want to be challenging for the league no team can afford to be giving teams 5 or 6 point leads in the hope they can be clawed back. Yes other teams will drop points also but so will Drogs. I also think a couple of losses early on could have an effect on confidence.

You really think Drogheda will challenge for the league?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Dundalk will finish higher than Drogheda

Dundalk will finish higher than Drogheda

No they won't, stop being so silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

He's in tomorrow's papers saying that we lack ambition. Sure is that not what Michael O' Neill was saying about Shams a few days ago?

Michael O'Neill's idea of ambition was going full time with big big pay checks for all. Sean O'Connor's is probably the same, Pats did pay him as much as we would. Sticking to a finacial model is hardly a bad thing.

While Killian Brennan is one of, if not the most gifted player, in the league....He is rash, goes over the top and does one moment of magic in every 10.

At this stage I'd like to think they would be there or there abouts going into the 3rd series of matches. If they have enough to go on from there then, i dont know probably not at the minute.

• Advertisement
Advertisement