Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 2), Mar 15-16, 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

No they won't, stop being so silly.
    He's not being silly. He's a prophet. Drogs are coming off the back of a good season but the honeymoon is over for Cookie. The harsh realities are that Dundalk are a team on the up while Drogheda are destined to return to their more natural position in the lower reaches of the table.

We play Drogheda in Oriel on the 28th of this month. Result of that game should back up my opinions. I predict a solid 4th place finish for the Lilywhites with the Drogs languishing in 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Commentary available for any Bohs not heading to Caaark- http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cork-city-live-match-streaming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Pighead wrote: »
    I predict a solid 4th place finish for the Lilywhites with the Drogs languishing in 7th.

Interesting, assuming you'll finish ahead of two of....Sligo, Rovers, Pats, Derry & Cork? dont see it myself but i suppose, in our league you simply never know.

Actually, when was the last time Dundalk finished in the top 4?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

He's not being silly. He's a prophet. Drogs are coming off the back of a good season but the honeymoon is over for Cookie. The harsh realities are that Dundalk are a team on the up while Drogheda are destined to return to their more natural position in the lower reaches of the table.

We play Drogheda in Oriel on the 28th of this month. Result of that game should back up my opinions. I predict a solid 4th place finish for the Lilywhites with the Drogs languishing in 7th.
    Be some turnaround considering you couldn't beat our reserves up there a couple of weeks ago. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭shanec1928

your posts are good for a laugh!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    Be some turnaround considering you couldn't beat our reserves up there a couple of weeks ago. :D
    Load of cobblers. Both sides were understrength. Probably about four first teamers started on each side. And your lot only won the game on penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

markc1184 wrote: »
    At this stage I'd like to think they would be there or there abouts going into the 3rd series of matches. If they have enough to go on from there then, i dont know probably not at the minute.

Can't see Drogheda finishing near the two Rovers or Pats myself. I think 4th would be an excellent season after over performing last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

doncarlos wrote: »
    Can't see Drogheda finishing near the two Rovers or Pats myself. I think 4th would be an excellent season after over performing last year.
    I can understand everyone saying that, it makes sense. But Cooke has quietly added a couple of good players and cleared out a lot of the deadwood.
    One thing is for certain - we won't be in a relegation battle. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

doncarlos wrote: »

I see your Sean O'Conner and raise you Gary McCabe
    Even with McCabe having gone AWOL when on loan at Shels, I still can't have that one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

DvB wrote: »
    Actually, when was the last time Dundalk finished in the top 4?

Where did they finish under Ian Foster..maybe in 2010? I remember they had a strong start and a decent middle of the season like Pats and then declined away at the end...like Pats..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Wexford Yths 0-1 Athlone Town. Ryan Coombes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Ebbs wrote: »
    While Killian Brennan is one of, if not the most gifted player, in the league....He is rash, goes over the top and does one moment of magic in every 10.
    Nobody is near Joey in terms of ability. He might be good, but hes not Joey N'do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

1-0 Bohs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Wexford Youths 0 Athlone Town 2 (Coombes 18)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Madworld wrote: »
    1-0 Bohs

Owen Heary keeps on going :)

Some trouble from our fans by the sounds of things =/

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Owen Heary keeps on going :)

Some trouble from our fans by the sounds of things =/

4 or 5 ran the length on the pitch. Kinda funny in that when it came to it and our fellas confronted them they all bottled it. One Bohs got dragged down the tunnel alright. I assume he will have a nasty fall. Dickhead.

Awful game thus far. Bohs playing like the home team.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

3-0 to Derry at half time. Patterson with a hattrick. We're beating ourselves though. First came from Ger Barron getting caught in possession leaving an open goal, second was from us passing straight to Patterson in defence and the third came from a free after Barron was judged to have handled outside the box.
    Derry have been the better side but haven't had any real chances apart from the ones we've gifted them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

3-0 to Derry at half time. Patterson with a hattrick. We're beating ourselves though. First came from Ger Barron getting caught in possession leaving an open goal, second was from us passing straight to Patterson in defence and the third came from a free after Barron was judged to have handled outside the box.
    Derry have been the better side but haven't had any real chances apart from the ones we've gifted them.

UCD not offering much. Derry deserve their lead really.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Any Shels players sent off yet?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

2-1 Cork :( sounds like they're all over us

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

drogs equalize against limerick late on

they have had three penalties and also had three sendings off inflicted on lims including the manager, never known of a game like it when one team has had so much off the ref

incredible stuff, you'd be forgiven for thinking that limerick conspiracy theorists about the FAI are onto something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Red for shels

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Any Shels players sent off yet?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Shels down to 10. Sean Connor must be their discipline coach:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

...and Dundalk score!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

So Derry won 6-0 and UCD ended with 10 men. Much a continuation of the first half.

Matthews can eff off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Jaysus, what a horrible performance, what a horrible night. We just didn't seem to turn up tonight. We had a bit more of the play in the last half hour, but that seemed more because by that stage, Shams were two up and happy to let us have the ball. So many silly mistakes that was summed up by the first goal conceded before gifting them two more.

We came into it slightly towards the end of the first half, but that goal just after the break really killed us. I'm only going to go on about Clarke too much, but the fact is that he was at fault for the goal and we just have to expect more of the same from him throughout the season as he's not very good.

It was a strange decision by Bucko to take Forrester off. I know he wasn't in the game that much, but he's always a threat, especially considering that Murphy who replaced him hasn't been great on the left hand side for us so far. Why not switch Brennan out left and bring Forrester into the middle and see how that worked before making the substitution?

Overall, just a deeply deeply disappointing and worrying performance tonight from Pat's.

^^ at least you have Tuesday to look forward to against TenManShels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Comfortable performance from Rovers tonight. For all of Pats possesion in the second half they only made one good chance that Murphy saved excellently.

Youngfella enjoyed his first match, but I think I'll wait until it's warmer to bring him again.

^^ at least you have Tuesday to look forward to against TenManShels

I honestly was going to put money on them today having a player sent off. They're ridiculous at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Never showed up and Rovers punished us, didnt let us play impressed with Rovers Left back had Byrne in his pocket.

We started to play after 70 minutes but the game was over.

Rovers scored from their 3 chances, all stupid mistakes by us.

Banners were embarassing, seriously try harder. They were on the same level as the mis spelt Celtc ones.

/whats up with all the germans in LOI? load of BVB fans in with pats tonight and few hannover fans coming on tuesday. And yet the FAI turns off the ability for anyone outisde ireland to watch the live games....

SPA still no sponsor?

DvB wrote: »
    I genuinely LOL'd at that comment.... this being the same KB that played for Bohs & Rovers? I doubt he'd be an upgrade for anybody based on his net contribution to his teams over the last 2 or 3 years.

Be interesting to see what the junkies think of him in November. One swallow, does not a summer make.

Ah did it? Great to hear. It's good to spread some cheer and laughter.

Anyway, Killian Brennan is a better player than Sean O' Connor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Good win for us.

Kavanagh had super game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

donfers wrote: »
    drogs equalize against limerick late on

they have had three penalties and also had three sendings off inflicted on lims including the manager, never known of a game like it when one team has had so much off the ref

incredible stuff, you'd be forgiven for thinking that limerick conspiracy theorists about the FAI are onto something
    To be fair, the ref got all the major decisions spot on, including the Limerick peno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Never showed up and Rovers punished us, didnt let us play impressed with Rovers Left back had Byrne in his pocket.

We started to play after 70 minutes but the game was over.

Rovers scored from their 3 chances, all stupid mistakes by us.

Banners were embarassing, seriously try harder. They were on the same level as the mis spelt Celtc ones.

/whats up with all the germans in LOI? load of BVB fans in with pats tonight and few hannover fans coming on tuesday. And yet the FAI turns off the ability for anyone outisde ireland to watch the live games....

That's amazing, I didn't know of any Borussia Dortmund supporters coming over :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Lars1916 wrote: »
    That's amazing, I didn't know of any Borussia Dortmund supporters coming over :eek:

Your a shels fan, you have been disowned :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Good victory for us tonight, although 6 nil probably says more about UCD than it does us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

The behaviour of some of the Bohs support in Turners Cross tonight was disgraceful.:mad::mad:

Shamed their own club and spoiled the game for the majority.

How many of them was it, 6 or something?

"Shamed" alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

The behaviour of some of the Bohs support in Turners Cross tonight was disgraceful.:mad::mad:

What happend?

What happend?

Some Bohs fans ran onto the pitch, kids, and frightened the poor Cork fans.

Aw bless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Aw bless

Ha I thought there was a riot or something.

• Advertisement

Ha I thought there was a riot or something.
    Nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Aw bless

It seems it was the Bohs fans frightened in the end.

I have lost count at the times I have seen Bohs fans looking for fight and when they get one they run, very fast.

I actually found it funny. You know its going happen everytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

How many of them was it, 6 or something?

"Shamed" alright

One is too many.

And yes it was a shame on your club and LOI football. Also you might not be concerned but we are trying to do things right down here in Cork.

Kid near me was crying as 2 morons decided to take on a group of City fans in middle of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

There seems to always be kids crying at games whenever ANYTHING happens, a few lads run onto the pitch and there are kids crying?

We're raising a bunch of sissies. My generation weren't this soft 20 years ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

The idiot dragged down the tunnel really let ye down. Was seen outside the ground bawling like a 4 year old.

Seems to be the mental age of the bohs baby crew that turned up. They certainly weren't 24 hour party people anyway. Never saw such incompetence in trying to unfurl a banner.

• Advertisement
Advertisement