Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 2), Mar 15-16, 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Ha I thought there was a riot or something.

Five "fans" ran the pitch and started taunting the shed and everyone else. Luckily no Cork fans reacted and the Bohs "fans" were shown up for what they were.

I wonder if you would still think that was acceptable behavior if Linfield had done it?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

One is too many.

And yes it was a shame on your club and LOI football. Also you might not be concerned but we are trying to do things right down here in Cork.

Kid near me was crying as 2 morons decided to take on a group of City fans in middle of the game.

Considering the Cork lads doing the club commentary repeatedly emphasised both sides were involved maybe you should look at your own fans first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    Considering the Cork lads doing the club commentary repeatedly emphasised both sides were involved maybe you should look at your own fans first

Everybody were looking at the cork fans because that's exactly where two bohs scumbags appeared giving it large to a bunch of kids

Fortunately I was there so I didn't have to rely on commentary. There were no Cork fans on the pitch then. Neither were there any Cork fans on the pitch when we scored or at full time.

The lads who ran the pitch clearly weren't real Bohs fans. They were young fellas looking for a fight/reaction and that's how City fans saw them thankfully. There was nothing else to it, despite what may have been said in the commentary, other than the usual mocking / banter when you score against the other team.

This isn't a City fan having a go at Bohs fans, its a LOI supporter having a go at scum that are damaging the reputation of our League.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

No they won't, stop being so silly.

Dundalk are a top quality side this year.

Will easily finish in the top 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Are you for real? Look at our own fans first? Your fans ran the entire length of the pitch to taunt the opposite corner and a few to start a fist fight with some of the fans in that corner, all while the restart from the goal was waiting to happen.

If our fans done that I'd be ashamed of them, it seems more and more is just being accepted now as 'banter'.

There was more happened than just on the pitch too.

In regards to the match, took us a while to get going but well worth the win IMO. First half was scrappy and although had most of the possession, didn't threaten enough. Gave away a soft goal, terrible marking for the corner. Came out flying in the second half and just laid siege to the Bohs goal and got the 2 goals. Last 20 min Bohs played well but looked a bit short to finish anything off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Are these the same "fans" that showed up outside a pats - glentoran match and got the ****e kicked out of them? If so, good riddance and the club should do something to stop them tarnishing the club's image.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

We have our own clowns too and a few of them took the bait but from where I was standing this was Bohs fans looking for trouble.

2 Bohs "fans" walked the whole length of the ground and into a section of Cork City supporters. What do you expect to happen?

Please do not defend these morons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

farna_boy wrote: »

This isn't a City fan having a go at Bohs fans, its a LOI supporter having a go at scum that are damaging the reputation of our League.

Like the Cork fan who threw a hot drink over one of the Bohs lads?

BFbsgCdCAAA_XiK.jpg

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »

BFbsgCdCAAA_XiK.jpg

That was a bit much indeed, but that was scum of a lad who ran the whole pitch to taunt the City fans on his way to being dragged kicking and screaming down the tunnel.

But sure the whole thing has to be both sides fault right :rolleyes:

Unbelieveable that's your first offering to the discussion.

Corholio wrote: »
    That was a bit much indeed, but that was scum of a lad who ran the whole pitch to taunt the City fans on his way to being dragged kicking and screaming down the tunnel.

But sure the whole thing has to be both sides fault right :rolleyes:

Unbelieveable that's your first offering to the discussion.

It's called balance.

There's no moral high ground to be had when it's a small minority of both sets of supporters acting the bollox, whether the antagoniser or the ones reacting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The lad above who jumped on the pitch is a tit, but the idiot who threw hot tea/coffee on him (which probably also hit the lads trying to get him off the pitch) is an even bigger tit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Its sad to see this nonsense happening in a league that really struggles to get punters through the turnstiles.

If you were a footie fan in this country and was thinking of taking your young kids to a LoI game and this sort of stuff was being reported, you'd say "bollix to that" and continue watching TV football.

BFbsgCdCAAA_XiK.jpg

So instead of condemning the scum who were trying to cause trouble, you would prefer to say "they were at it too". What age are you?

Yes, yer man was an idiot, but how many city fans were there trying to hold him back? I will openly admit he did wrong.

Why won't you do the same about the Bohs "fans"?

Maybe you should read what you quoted me as saying: I'm not a City fan having a go at Bohs fans, aka the real fans who didn't cause any trouble, I'm a LOI supporter condemning scum, the same as any other LOI supporter should regardless of their club.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    The lad above who jumped on the pitch is a tit, but the idiot who threw hot tea/coffee on him (which probably also hit the lads trying to get him off the pitch) is an even bigger tit.

How about the Bohs lads swinging punches at our guys who never even left the stand? or the 2 Bohs fans who crept into the corner City fans section, gave it loads, and then ran away when they were noticed?

I'd say if you were categorising blame for what went on tonight, it'd be about 90% Bohs and 10% City.

It's amazing how often the people who 'retaliate', of which there was little, seem to get the brunt of criticism.

It's called balance.

There's no moral high ground to be had when it's a small minority of both sets of supporters acting the bollox, whether the antagoniser or the ones reacting.

People causing most of the trouble, should get most of the blame. You seemed to take the 'moral high ground' on a picture you found on the internet.

So instead of condemning the scum who were trying to cause trouble, you would prefer to say "they were at it too". What age are you?

I wouldn't have thought a statement was needed on the actions of the Bohs clowns but I'll do one up if you like.

I'm 28.
    Yes, yer man was an idiot, but how many city fans were there trying to hold him back? I will openly admit he did wrong.

Cool

What's the point repeating what's already been said?
    Maybe you should read what you quoted me as saying: I'm not a City fan having a go at Bohs fans, aka the real fans who didn't cause any trouble, I'm a LOI supporter condemning scum, the same as any other LOI supporter should regardless of their club.

And I just gave you another example of the scum element to condemn.

Others have been happy to throw stones in their glass house, and that's the point I was making. If you missed it then fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭shteve

Well said. Pure scumbag behaviour from the Bohs 'fans'. Hopefully the cameras Will identify those involved and ban them FOR LIFE from EVERY stadium in the country.

Also thoughts for the lady randomly attacked with a bottle outside the ground by these same 'fans'. But ya sure both sets of fans were at it. FFS

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    People causing most of the trouble, should get most of the blame. You seemed to take the 'moral high ground' on a picture you found on the internet.

People causing any trouble should get the blame and clubs should just worry about their own.

I'm not a Bohs fan so there's no moral high ground to take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It's only usually Shams fans who i've seen cause trouble at league games. You learn to know matches to watch yourself at.

But the funniest 'hooligan' incident i've seen was last year at Richmond Park when we were playing Bohs and three or fours Bohs fans wanted to organise a meet up outside. Now, these were about fourteen, all dressed like Liam Gallagher. At the queue for the burger stand, they had to be told that if we got into a fight with them, we'd be done for assaulting a minor.

They genuinely didn't seem to realise they were being laughed at. It was so funny!

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    There seems to always be kids crying at games whenever ANYTHING happens, a few lads run onto the pitch and there are kids crying?

We're raising a bunch of sissies. My generation weren't this soft 20 years ago!

This was before the Bohs goal

This wasn't like the kid with his Dad watching as Lansdowne was being ripped apart.

This was 2 Bohs fans comping in to start trouble in the Cork City section.

Kid near me was crying in fear as things got physical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

shteve wrote: »

Well said. Pure scumbag behaviour from the Bohs 'fans'. Hopefully the cameras Will identify those involved and ban them FOR LIFE from EVERY stadium in the country.

Also thoughts for the lady randomly attacked with a bottle outside the ground by these same 'fans'. But ya sure both sets of fans were at it. FFS

I have to say this story about a woman been attacked seems very hyperbolic to me.

It's typical worst story we can make up carry on.anyone any sort of evidence to back this up?

This was before the Bohs goal

This wasn't like the kid with his Dad watching as Lansdowne was being ripped apart.

This was 2 Bohs fans comping in to start trouble in the Cork City section.

Kid near me was crying in fear as things got physical.

Two Bohs fans?? And kids were crying at that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Alright enough about the dopey scrotes. Severe lack of football talk in here this evening. They're going to have to extend Monday's MNS to three hours!

Twenty goals in five matches, crazy game in Drogheda with four penalties and two sending off's, surprisingly one sided game with Rovers and Pats and best of all a stunning Dundalk victory in Tolka Park. No point tip-toeing around Oriel Park anymore. The sleeping giant has awoken.

• Advertisement

After all my whining, must say, the win was all the sweeter after what had gone before.

15 mins of real high intensity attacking play after half time did the trick. Daryl Horgan, Danny Furlong and Darly Kavanagh with some lovely play around the penalty area to open up Bohs defence.

Bohs were decent I thought, so happy with the win.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Right lads, stick to the football from now on or posts may be deleted.
    Even the dubs aren't happy

I'm a Dub and I'm very happy this evening.:cool:

Pighead wrote: »
    Alright enough about the dopey scrotes. Severe lack of football talk in here this evening. They're going to have to extend Monday's MNS to three hours!

Twenty goals in five matches, crazy game in Drogheda with four penalties and two sending off's, surprisingly one sided game with Rovers and Pats and best of all a stunning Dundalk victory in Tolka Park. No point tip-toeing around Oriel Park anymore. The sleeping giant has awoken.

It couldn't have been that stunning. You positively predicted it with confidence!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

monkey9 wrote: »
    It couldn't have been that stunning. You positively predicted it with confidence!
    Fair point monkey but each and every Dundalk victory this season will be stunning. It's a bit like watching Usain Bolt. You know he's going to win yet he still takes your breath away when he turns on the turbo drive and leaves everybody for dust.

Towell and O'Donnell could very well be the best midfield pairing in the country. Tuesday night's game with Sligo should be very easy on the eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Limerick extremely hard done by in Drogheda tonight, Brownes sending off was never a red card. A perfectly legit tackle. It's to their credit that with 10 men they took a stranglehold of the game and took the lead. They were never going to hang onto the lead with 9.

Well earned point against a good Drogs team. Said it last week and its worth repeating, Limerick will be the surprise package of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

dfx- wrote: »
    Right lads, stick to the football from now on or posts may be deleted.
    Sorry Mr Mod, can I please have a pass here, just to clear something up - which I'm sure you'll understand
    And yes it was a shame on your club and LOI football

lol, please don't tarnish me as a Bohs fan, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

grenache wrote: »
    Limerick extremely hard done by in Drogheda tonight, Brownes sending off was never a red card. A perfectly legit tackle. It's to their credit that with 10 men they took a stranglehold of the game and took the lead. They were never going to hang onto the lead with 9.

Well earned point against a good Drogs team. Said it last week and its worth repeating, Limerick will be the surprise package of the season.

Good start for Limerick so.

Was impressed with them last week.

Interested to hear what That Guy made of it all.

Didn't he say it was his 1st away trip.

So That Guy, what's it like to travel with the "24 hour party people"*?????:confused:

* Banner held up in Bohs section.

* Banner held up in Bohs section.

Eventually.........that was some laugh

DarylHoganCorkCityMarch2013INPHO_large.jpg

Daryl Horgan with the winner.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

He looks pleased!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

A few of our fans didn't shine themselves in any glory last night down in Cork. It's a shame because before the game the large number I was with were having a bit of a laugh with a few home fans in one of the pubs.

Fúck all stewards down our end meant that a handful easily got onto the pitch. I know two or three were arrested but a few were let back into the stand.

Real shame for the majority of us who were having a laugh and behaved really well throughout.

Heard there was trouble after the game. Didn't see anything myself. We were on the bus straight after the game

Aside from that it was a great first away trip to go to.

Football wise, it really highlighted the point that we're missing that bit of bite in midfield. Somebody to break up play and get it down and play.

Played well in the first half but when Cork got it down on the deck, they carved us right open.

Disappointing result as I thought we had enough of a handle to at least scrape the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

dreamers75 wrote: »
    /whats up with all the germans in LOI? load of BVB fans in with pats tonight and few hannover fans coming on tuesday. And yet the FAI turns off the ability for anyone outisde ireland to watch the live games....

Few Hamburg fans in Tolka last night. People are coming from all over Europe to watch our red cards and last minute collapses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

The more I think about it the worse it gets.

I'm angry, Tony, I'm angry.

Fúcking Matthews and this ill-discipline, if we're not careful it's going to cost us our place in the division.

I said at half time to the lads that were with me that we'd get a red card and concede a last minute goal. Turns out it was worse!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

dan1895 wrote: »
    Few Hamburg fans in Tolka last night. People are coming from all over Europe to watch our red cards and last minute collapses.

It is highly entertaining to be fair and so utterly predictable.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Doing our bit to try beat Shels' red card record this season. Had one red card for all of last season. 2 in 2 games this season.

Doing our bit to try beat Shels' red card record this season. Had one red card for all of last season. 2 in 2 games this season.

And so a new rivalry is born. I think this is something Shels have a chance of being best at though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Just been told, we're switching from late opening on Thursday to late opening on Friday, well that just sucks donkey balls. Won't get to go to as many games this season :(

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Pat Sullivan has serious competition for most cards this season so..

Given he had a yellow against him after 28 minutes, surprised to see Forrester was taken off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

dfx- wrote: »
    Pat Sullivan has serious competition for most cards this season so..

Given he had a yellow against him after 28 minutes, surprised to see Forrester was taken off.

Sullivan had Forrester in his pocket all night. Very impressed with Powell, MoTM in my opinion.

O'Connor had a little kick out at Brennan too. Over nothing again. He'll be racking up cards this season. Russell is a dirty little player too.

Good win though, impressed with how we played. Top of the league till later tonight. Very confident going into Dalyer, which I dont ever remember being before.
    dan1895 wrote: »
    Few Hamburg fans in Tolka last night.

Dortmund fans in Tallaght aswell. We must be doing something right to get them to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

[QUOTE=Captain Havoc;83692645. Very confident going into Dalyer, which I dont ever remember being before.[/QUOTE]

The dreaded vote of confidence.

Statment from Cork.
    Cork City Football Club wishes to condemn the behaviour of a minority of Bohemians supporters at last night’s match at Turner’s Cross.

We would like to thank our supporters for the restraint they showed in the face of extreme provocation, and assure everyone that we will be taking every necessary action to ensure that there is no repeat of this type of behaviour.

Cork City Chief Executive Tim Murphy said: “There is an investigation currently underway into this matter. Turner’s Cross is a safe, family friendly environment and the club is fully committed to taking all necessary steps to ensure that there is no repeat of the behaviour of a handful of individuals last night.”

Statement from Bohs.
    BOHEMIAN FC STATEMENT

Bohemian FC totally condemns the disgraceful actions of a very small number of our so-called fans during last night’s Airtricity League game against Cork City at Turner’s Cross.

The club is undertaking a thorough investigation into the events, we have received photographs of individuals involved and those identified will receive a lengthy ban from Dalymount Park.

Any further assistance from fans and members in identifying those involved is greatly appreciated.

Bohemian Football Club is a proud members-owed club since 1890 and an integral part of the local community – the actions of this small minority must not detract from our famous club.

BOHEMIAN FC BOARD OF DIRECTORS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

There will be commentary on Rovers vs Bray tonight on OceanFM for any Bray fans unable to travel.

Advertisement