Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 2), Mar 15-16, 2013

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Sligo 1 up.

Elding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

People misunderstand the word minority. You seem to think that clubs are doing it as a cop out but when what...7 fans misbehave out of 100 or so, thats a minority. Nothing Bohs can do about it nor can any club and how precious some people are is just silly at this stage.

Roll on monday, when the minority spreads.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Disgusted with what went on last night. Hope the club root out the ***** and they never set foot in a football stadium again. Dragging our name, and the name of the league, through the mud.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

FT's

Longford 2-1 Waterford
    Sligo Rovers 3-0 Bray Wanderers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

WOOOO! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

load of posts deleted?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

One day till Rovers :)

Tickets can be bought on the day for anyone interested...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Happy with the win last night but we will have to improve. Eldinho is in good form early on (4 in 3) and Djilali took his goal well, looks a good signing.

The attendance of just under 2700 was a bit disappointing. I was expecting a few hundred more with it being the first game.

Top of the league, can't complain. Last time we went top we didn't lose it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Ah come on....disgraceful amount of posts being deleted. No explanation being given either. Rira gunmen?
    Absolutely no reason being given? Neil Doyle as ref. why is that deleted?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

dreamers75 wrote: »
    load of posts deleted?

Posts deleted as per the moderator warning above.

Bohsboy, the post with which you refer is not in this thread and has not been deleted. There is not going to be a discussion of moderation in-thread. Please read the forum charter in this respect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Neil Doyle being the ref isn't a problem in regards to his Shams links. I honestly think that doesn't affect the game at all. I just don't rate him as a ref.

Is it ok to just pay at the gates at this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Cassidy should be embarrassed for his reaction to Bosokota's sending off. Hate that crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Corholio wrote: »
    Cassidy should be embarrassed for his reaction to Bosokota's sending off. Hate that crap.
    Just seen a gif posted of Bossekota's sending off. Terrible decision.

http://balls.ie/football/axel-bossekotas-red-card/?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Aidric wrote: »
    Eh if someone had the audacity to headbutt me I'd be getting them sent off too. Not that hard of a headbutt but it's a red card all day long regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

CSF wrote: »
    Eh if someone had the audacity to headbutt me I'd be getting them sent off too. Not that hard of a headbutt but it's a red card all day long regardless.

There was no movement in Bossekota's head.

Heard Croly giving out about condition of the pitch at Dalymount.

Any reason why pitch is in such bad condition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Dollar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

There was no movement in Bossekota's head.
    Then it's a miracle how he managed to make contact with cassos head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

We couldn't even have a pre-season based out of Dalyer. Played our games at IT Blanchardstown. It was a shocking surface to be fair. The amount of air shots on show was a farce. Not how a Premier Division pitch should be. Ya wouldn't get that up at Dundalk :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

CSF wrote: »

Players are warned not to put their head there indeed, and it's a red card for that, but it's not even what you would call a headbutt. Cassidy's reaction is embarrassing and sometimes players need to look at themselves reacting like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Knew on Friday night there was not much in the headbutt. Actually thought Gav Brennan was going to get a red also for pushing over one of the Limerick players during the scuffle before the red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

No way a red. Cassidy squared up to him too, just reacted dramatically after, Limerick player could have jumped down equally.

Has the LoI ever used video evidence from a none live game for retrospective banning?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

markc1184 wrote: »
    Knew on Friday night there was not much in the headbutt. Actually thought Gav Brennan was going to get a red also for pushing over one of the Limerick players during the scuffle before the red.

I thought that as well from MNS! Was he even booked?

It looked from the highlights as if the ref just totally lost control of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

The highlight of MNS, by a length, was the interview with Alan Mattews :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

was shocking, impossible to play football on that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

geeky wrote: »
    I thought that as well from MNS! Was he even booked?

It looked from the highlights as if the ref just totally lost control of the game.

No not even a booking, was as if the ref closed his eyes and let everything go. If there's one thing Gav needs to cut out of his games it's his need to retaliate. He got a straight red vs Shels last season for the same as Friday night. Although he has been like that as long as I know him.

The ref was shocking for both sides from early on, although I do think he got at least 3 of the pens correct. Can't comment on the 3rd drogs pen as I didn't get a good view of it. It wasn't even a bad tempered or dirty match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

At my first Loi game tonight. Limerick and ucd. It's not bad football. Few pints with the lads. Definetly going to a few more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

niallo27 wrote: »
    At my first Loi game tonight. Limerick and ucd. It's not bad football. Few pints with the lads. Definetly going to a few more.

I hear O'Leary had a very bad injury just before ht - broken leg?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

niallo27 wrote: »

Fair play to ya :) UCD as your first game, it can only get better haha ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    Fair play to ya :) UCD as your first game, it can only get better haha ;)

I hereby cordially invite him to see Shels next Sunday in Tolka :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I hear O'Leary had a very bad injury just before ht - broken leg?

It looked like a nothing challenge. Was surprised to see him injured. 3-1 now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

No they won't, stop being so silly.

Was I being silly afterall? Dundalk are the main challengers for Europe after the 2 Rovers, Pats and Derry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

Was I being silly afterall? Dundalk are the main challengers for Europe after the 2 Rovers, Pats and Derry

We will finish ahead of you's don't be getting carried away now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Drogmal wrote: »
    We will finish ahead of you's don't be getting carried away now.

What do you think now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

They won't be back my little Dundalk friend. We tried to tell them that the glorious Lilywhites were on the rise again but they chose not to believe.

The natural order has been restored. Dundalk are once again top dogs in Louth. Next, we shall reclaim the national title.

• Advertisement
Advertisement