Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Keith96

Just heard on radio met eireann are giving warnings of a much colder night with heavier snow showers expected to hit Dublin and Wicklow
    Nice :D:D:D:D:D:D

Just heard on radio met eireann are giving warnings of a much colder night with heavier snow showers expected to hit Dublin and Wicklow

Yup, here are the warnings:

warning_zps612175ef.png

warningyellow_zpsae9860ca.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

look at the graphic over dublin on met.ie for tonight ... hopefully we'll see better stuff tonight and most importantly, slower moving showers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Sacramento wrote: »

Yup, here are the warnings:

warning_zps612175ef.png

warningyellow_zpsae9860ca.png
    Thanks for that
    Was just about to edit my post about 5cm of snow expected
    And if we get it all tonight when temp drops it'll stick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

patneve2 wrote: »
    South Dublin to South Wicklow best places in the next while I think. Another moderate snow shower here, have lost count of how many we've had here today...jeez, if that flow today had been slack with land breezes, there would have been significant disruption

That will be a first, we only had dandruff when we woke this morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

patneve2 wrote: »
    South Dublin to South Wicklow best places in the next while I think. Another moderate snow shower here, have lost count of how many we've had here today...jeez, if that flow today had been slack with land breezes, there would have been significant disruption
    It looks like very little activity in south wicklow,a few 5 minute strong flurries maybe.
    But the core of the streamer stretching all the way northeast of Anglesea is going to target wicklow town to Bray area and could go on for a few hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

That big yellow thing in the sky that hurts your eyes when you look at it is shinning down here :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭teacherhead

ZX7R wrote: »
    I understood what you ment,now where's my gold star:D

whitebriar wrote: »
    It looks like very little activity in south wicklow,a few 5 minute strong flurries maybe.
    But the core of the streamer stretching all the way northeast of Anglesea is going to target wicklow town to Bray area and could go on for a few hours!

still struggling to understand the shower flow...to me it seems that its ENE...so yes I stand corrected, I suppose you would need a tighter NE flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Could we see a bigger role this evening for the IOM shadow to reappear due to Wind direction ?

It kind of looks like its casting a shadow at the moment even though there are gaps.

• Advertisement

wind is now almost calm here...good sign

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Keith96

For my area tonight,wind will not matter as much I feel.I think the tempeatures really have to drop for a proper covering,last night it was 0c all night yet the snow was melting on impact.It was really annoying because there could have been a good covering :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Keith96 wrote: »
    For my area tonight,wind will not matter as much I feel.I think the tempeatures really have to drop for a proper covering,last night it was 0c all night yet the snow was melting on impact.It was really annoying because there could have been a good covering :(:(

Agree with this

All factors considered, I think tomorrow morning will at worst be the same as this morning, ie localised accumulations with little snow disruption. Personally I'm going for a drier clearer night for Dublin with freezing of todays melted precip being more of an issue than any light snow showers, but that any ice will clear quickly after sunrise in dry breezes and bright spells.

delw wrote: »
    That big yellow thing in the sky that hurts your eyes when you look at it is shinning down here :(

Absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I'm Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

No word from Louth? They seem to be under constant barrage

• Registered Users Posts: 35 snowlover

Keith96 wrote: »
    Nice :D:D:D:D:D:D
    Very nice but what about Meath, Navan in particular? 👀

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Petrol_Head

Heavy flakes in Laytown ALL DAY but melts quickly. Place is dry though so maybe tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Hopefully as im dead in between the 2 places mentioned:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

snowlover wrote: »
    Very nice but what about Meath, Navan in particular? 👀

As usual, there is Nothing happening in there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Saganist wrote: »
    Could we see a bigger role this evening for the IOM shadow to reappear due to Wind direction ?

It kind of looks like its casting a shadow at the moment even though there are gaps.
    There's no IoM shadow in this situation... If there's gaps in showers it's more because of the Lake District and Pennines in Britain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

It has been sunny in D15 for a good while now, all the snow from this mornings barrage has vanished! :pac: Showers seem to be well scattered for now, looks like there's a lot of cloud coming from North Sea which is crossing UK, this could play a vital role for tonight! Looks good here http://www.met.ie/sat/euro-ir.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Dont be jealous of Bray. Sporadic showers all day, no lying snow......No matter what that shower train looks like on the radar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Calibos wrote: »
    Dont be jealous of Bray. Sporadic showers all day, no lying snow......No matter what that shower train looks like on the radar.
    Main serious train seems south of bray...more towards Ashford to Greystones.
    Maybe Eastcoastryan is about and will tell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bejubby

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/2013/03/27/basis12/euro/t1dm/13032715_2712.gif

ground temperature charts seem to be warming up a bit,probably why the snow isnt staying for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Sun has made an appearance.
    Wicklow mountains look nice. Might head up on Friday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

Main serious train seems south of bray...more towards Ashford to Greystones.
    Maybe Eastcoastryan is about and will tell?

I'm here alright, I'm in the Radio studio on Killarney Road in Bray, light flurry at the minute. We had some very hefty showers today but only light dusting at best and it didnt last long! Not sure I hold out much hope for tonight, looks to be heading South of here on Radar. I'll be heading home to Newcastle shortly so will let you know if things are any different there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Current Charts are miserable, im getting pi*sed off with this cold!

So hard to keep the house heated!

rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Snow now in Donegal Town at sea level on west coast. Heaviest snow I've seen here in 2013.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bejubby

the sun has gone down ,the sky has darkened and the snow is falling here in south co wexford.
    im going to cherish looking at it bacause i have a feeling i wont be seeing this again for another year hopfully:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Petrol_Head

Very light flakes in Sligo town, but no clouds above. Weird! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement