Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Streamers are thickening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

I think tomorrow is going to be surprising,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Streamers are thickening

They look promising alright. I bet the wind changes direction again just as they hit the coast and they break up. That's usually what happens as far as I can see.

That one heading in Meath/Louth looks particularly juicy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

Streamers are thickening

Seems to be a bit more of a NE rather than ESE component coming into play which (if it verifies and continues) will likely mean the distribution of the northern streamer (currently mainly affecting Louth and north Meath) will begin affecting areas further south - Most of Meath, north Dublin, north Kildare and perhaps a few other areas. The sun is gone now and temps are falling back so we will be shortly hitting sticky snow territory right down to sear or at sea level.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

There also appears to be a big clump heading for the Dublin metropolitan area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Petrol_Head

About to head From Sligo to Leitrim, Cavan, Fermanagh, Monaghan, Louth, to Laytown Co. Meath.

Come at me snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Was up in Stepaside and the mountains seem to have a nice covering from around 400m up (complete guesstimate, the hills behind the golf course have snow in them and I haven't a clue how high it is :o )

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

I think tomorrow is going to be surprising,

whys that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭teacherhead

Amazing once the sun goes down, snow sticking here now fields turning white :)

The Dublin and Wicklow streamers are being assholes. Meanwhile the Louth/Meath one is a shining example of how to get your bloody act together.

OH, and I see the IOM shadow is starting to show now that things are getting interesting. Suprise suprise. Grrrrr.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

diceyd wrote: »
    whys that?

2 foot of snow in Dublin, me ma's artritus is killing her, batten down the hatched :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

How's waterford/Tipperary looking for some action tonight?

dirty big black cloud overhead, no snow:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Rougies wrote: »
    The Dublin and Wicklow streamers are being assholes. Meanwhile the Louth/Meath one is a shining example of how to get your bloody act together.

OH, and I see the IOM shadow is starting to show now that things are getting interesting. Suprise suprise. Grrrrr.
    I'm pretty sure it's not the IoM causing this. Look at the radar, it's having no impact on the path of the showers http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

why is it wen it gets colder n darker snow bloody stops hurry up lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Very heavy snow shower in Arklow now.
    Entire place white for the first time today.

Bits of green and yellow showing in the Louth streamer. Nice.

Meanwhile the Dublin one is breaking up as it hits the coast.

Wicklow one doing a bit better now as Whitebriar just confirmed ;)

I'm pretty sure it's not the IoM causing this. Look at the radar, it's having no impact on the path of the showers http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

I agree it's not the main cause at the moment. But it certainly isn't helping either.

Dublin snow shield once again!! :P

P.S. Nuke the Lake District mountains!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

Snowing in Navan

Temp 1.3
    DP -3.3
    Wind 7km/h
    Wind Gust 21kn/h
    Wind chill -1

• Advertisement

Dublin snow shield once again!! :P

It's been infuriating this year. Although it did temporarily collapse this morning.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

From watching the radar the last while, the IOM shadow was in play for Dublin (i.e. we have been in the shadow for a while), but, I think in the last hour or so there has been a subtle wind change and it will be game on again in a little bit for Dublin again...hopefully southside! :p

I hope you're right Docarch. I'm incapable of rational thought at the moment. Every new frame I feel like this...

desk-flip-240x180.png
    Especially because tonight is probably our last decent chance of the winter(spring).

I think I'll step out for a while before something gets broken/somebody gets hurt :P

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I hope you're right Docarch. I'm incapable of rational thought at the moment. Every new frame I feel like this...

You do seem unusually demented alright! :P

DOCARCH wrote: »
    From watching the radar the last while, the IOM shadow was in play for Dublin (i.e. we have been in the shadow for a while), but, I think in the last hour or so there has been a subtle wind change and it will be game on again in a little bit for Dublin again...hopefully southside! :p

Yeah the winds are supposedly turning more Easterly overnight!! :D

DOCARCH wrote: »
    You do seem unusually demented alright! :P

It must be from the taster this morning. It's just never enough is it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

It was crazy around 9am @ UCD. I thought that if it kept up like that for another few hour...the carnage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Definite shift in the wind looking at the NW Extra radar. I think its game on for Sallins now !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Ile of man was defiantly casting a Shadow,you can really see it on the meto radar.co.uk

• Advertisement

Oh I konw!

Light snow here now, btw. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement