Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Disappointing for the southeast, for some reason eventhough we are furthest from the high pressure we have little ppn. I mean why Dublin gets plenty and Wexford gets little I don't quite understand. They are both on the East coast with similar sea track to UK

It's because they're closer to Cork and therefore more susceptible to the snow shield. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Snowing lightly on and off here today, nice to see it falling but it was not heavy enough to lie.
    A great spell of dry weather here in the North West, there was sunshine at times here today. I will hate to see the rain return when it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 randonio14

Will Dublin 11 get any snow in the next couple of hours? Dry as a bone here lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Another graupel white out! Hefty showers these are :D

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tteknulp

randonio14 wrote: »
    Will Dublin 11 get any snow in the next couple of hours? Dry as a bone here lol

I think so look here

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Belting down in Blessington, Co. Wicklow, nice covering.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

patneve2 wrote: »
    Another graupel white out! Hefty showers these are :D

All I can say is..ahh FFS! :p

Just an icing sugar dusting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

DOCARCH wrote: »

Not a flake here. Not a flake. Not a flake. A flake. Flake. Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

tteknulp wrote: »

I think so look here

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/
    I was just about to reference that site, looks like the streamers are beefing up and there should be some action for Leinster in the coming hour or so

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Looking at April it looks more seasonable from the start of the month but still slightly colder than normal. I would say that most of the snow should turn to sleet and rain next week and there is the chance that some heavy bursts of rain will move into the South.

I dont mind really as we have only had dandruff flakes and a non event but NI will be relieved as they will be able to find their cars again....and sheep

• Advertisement

nice powdery snow falling now, its light/moderate but sticking thanks to our old friend mr graupel

latest radar looking better for dublin

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

What a day! Granddaughter in Duleek was delighted first thing, she got to make a snowman with the overnight fall, then here in Ashbourne, we've seen just about every possible combination of snow possible, from tiny graupel, to large graupel, then small isolated real flakes, then real large flakes, and the quantities have varied from next to nothing to almost not being able to see across the garden, mostly for short periods, then the sun comes out, and the wind blows it all off the conifers, and then it's time to repeat the scenario all over again.

So, a real strange day, and next to nothing to show for it. There were a few odd grains lying around at about 2045, and the radar is looking interesting for a bit later, but somehow, I don't think it's going to amount to much again, there's just too much warmth lurking around for what's falling to stick for any length of time.

Can't remember the last time I saw snow even close to my birthday, but if MT's forecast is to be believed, it could happen this year, not long to go now.

Crazy weather!

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

DOCARCH wrote: »

Its here too :) you should get it soon!

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tteknulp

Deank wrote: »
    I was just about to reference that site, looks like the streamers are beefing up and there should be some action for Leinster in the coming hour or so

Ye its looking good from an hour or so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

The heavy grauple is back and it's only taken about two minutes for the roads to go white over the tire track again

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »

Its here too :) you should get it soon!

Are you getting a coating Dan?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Up in Dublin for a few days and I finally get to see some snow! Foook you Cork snow shield:p

Are you getting a coating Dan?

Yep! Very very heavy snow here now! Hope it lasts! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Best Blizzard I have seen so far

• Advertisement

Yep! Very very heavy snow here now! Hope it lasts! :)

Godammit! Where in South Dublin are you? Still nothing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Looks like some decent showers about to land.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Been snowing in bray nearly all day but none stuck

Just had a look at the radar, now I am on mobile so I could well be wrong, but there is a steamer beefing up south of the IOM and another north of Anglesea, the size of both has inceased since I last checked about 20 mins ago and it looks like they could converge, if they do and make landfall its game on for tonight.

Again I could be wrong and stand to be corrected by those more knowledgable than I when it comes to scenarios like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Just had a look at the radar, now I am on mobile so I could well be wrong, but there is a steamer beefing up south of the IOM and another north of Anglesea, the size of both has inceased since I last checked about 20 mins ago and it looks like they could converge, if they do and make landfall its game on for tonight.

Again I could be wrong and stand to be corrected by those more knowledgable than I when it comes to scenarios like this.

I've been keeping an eye on that for the last hour nearly, the gap is slowly closing between them. Should be a fun sleepless night :p

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Keith96

Hello heavy snow,I have been expecting you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Starting lightly again but hopefully this time there will be a decent shower or more :)

Everything white! Torrential snow- Im in D14 Rougies! Expect it soon!

It's still game on alright. Still bubbling away in the Irish Sea. But the radar is very misleading this evening, very hard to track when/where/how hard the showers hit.

The wind keeps alternating direction every so often too which makes things even more difficult to predict. And then there's a seemingly completely random tendency for them to completely disappear or sometime rapidly intensify as they hit land.

It's both very interesting and very frustrating at the same time :p

• Advertisement

Everything white! Torrential snow- Im in D14 Rougies! Expect it soon!

It's here!!! :D

Everything white already! Wooooooo!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement