Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Very light snow shower in blackrock .. Giving up no lamppost watching tonight for another non event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Eden3

Has been snowing in North Meath on and off all day. I work South Meath and live very North Meath, so I cross the whole County every day. This evening I drove home on wet/dry roads after various snowfalls, made the dinner, ate and then "forced-ish" my two reluctant adult sons to come down to the local village to vote for "Sinn Fein" in local elections (:D)... let the changes begin!

Anyway as we drove for the 2km drive snow was serious! Later it snowed again at about 9pm and now temps have dropped seriously - no more of the melting we experienced so far this week - tomorrow morning roads will be treacherous.

Take care all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Whiteout here. about 1-2cm, still falling softly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Just driven from south Meath to Kildare town area. Dry as a bone all the way from Meath to the M7/M9 junction, and temps 2 degrees higher on the Naas Road than they were at same time last night, so I dont think anything much is going to happen around there tonight.

Here (near Kildare town) is the only place on my journey where the temp is 0, and the only place on whole journey I saw recent lying snow (otherwise just some remanants in fields about Castlewarden) and it is snowing lightly on and off here, good covering on grass, roofs etc, and its slowly settling on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

snowing moderately here big aul flakes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Its wrong- have insanely intense graupel in D14! :)

Dan :)

Here now too.
    You're better than any radar :pac:

Heads up to Paddy in Citywest!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,190 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

diarmuid79 wrote: »
    Blanchardstown d15 back in the game thank God, if we get a couple of hours of this we might double the 4/5 cm we had this morning which was melted before midday

Pics of this morning

Amen brother neighbour. I dont reckon we will better this morning though. I think we'll lose this activity to a SEly overnight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Eden3 wrote: »
    Has been snowing in North Meath on and off all day. I work South Meath and live very North Meath, so I cross the whole County every day. This evening I drove home on wet/dry roads after various snowfalls, made the dinner, ate and then "forced-ish" my two reluctant adult sons to come down to the local village to vote for "Sinn Fein" in local elections (:D)... let the changes begin!

Anyway as we drove for the 2km drive snow was serious! Later it snowed again at about 9pm and now temps have dropped seriously - no more of the melting we experienced so far this week - tomorrow morning roads will be treacherous.

Take care all!
    Where in north Meath? Is snow heavy in Meath?

Grauple cam courtesy of Mech1
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mech11

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

ZX7R wrote: »
    By looking at the radar it look,s like you might get some :D
    Bang on in line with it, if I can stay awake to enjoy it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Eden3

Where in north Meath? Is snow heavy in Meath?

It was heavy later this evening and it's freezing now, roads will be very bad! I'm between Nobber, Co. Meath and Kingscourt, Co. Cavan

Rougies wrote: »
    Here now too.
    You're better than any radar :pac:

Heads up to Paddy in Citywest!

no graupel just your average proper snow:)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭fizzlepurplefuz

Coming down thick and fast, starting to get quite white :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭garyha

Very light snow shower in blackrock .. Giving up no lamppost watching tonight for another non event

What was a non event? It's exactly as forecast and expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

I never thought I'd say this but the Cork snow shield has advanced north and has invaded Donegal

paddy ocon wrote: »
    no graupel just your average proper snow:)

Oh sorry, I hadn't looked out in a few minutes. Hammering down proper snow now here alright. :p
    EXPECT MORE SOON!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Snow on cars and roof tops here in Dublin. Not sure what time it happened at as i wasn't paying much attention

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Moderate snow in City Centre, sticking to the pavements again. Slippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Those showers east of Anglesea seem to be dying out a little bit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

fairly heavy now d12 and sticking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭JayzuzHowiye

Newlands Cross area - whiteout. Coming down heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

Mech1 wrote: »
    beer can ruler second step up
    sorted
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mech11

Wheres the beer can?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Petrol_Head

Just drove from Sligo to Meath. Nothing in Sligo, Leitrim or Fermanagh. South Cavan and North Meath down to kells and in towards Slane was a winter wonderland! :) Nothing around Drogheda or here at the Coast though. Kells must have had a good 3/4cm !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Heavy snow reported in dunlavin co wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Stopped in D15 though I suspect another heavy burst of grauple and snow anytime now:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Malahide turning white

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tteknulp

Still Coming down heavy D13 ,Not sticking temp +1 :mad: ,maybe later ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Just drove from Sligo to Meath. Nothing in Sligo, Leitrim or Fermanagh. South Cavan and North Meath down to kells and in towards Slane was a winter wonderland! :) Nothing around Drogheda or here at the Coast though. Kells must have had a good 3/4cm !
    Was Navan, slane heavy snow? Dreading roads :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Light snow flurry just passed through Waterford City,

Current Temp 0.7c

• Advertisement

total whiteout scene here in citywest and coming down heavy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement