Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Snow falling very heavily here in Tipp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Snow bucketing down here in Tipp
    Its a huge county.. could you tell us where and height above sea level or if you are near mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

whitebriar wrote: »
    Its a huge county.. could you tell us where and height above sea level or if you are near mountains.
    Tipp Kilkenny border near Ballingarry. I live on a hill but not near mountains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Tipp Kilkenny border near Ballingarry. I live on a hill but not near mountains

Ah thanks,you are on high ground then so.This precip,could easily stay as snow there until it fades out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Just an observation. mt in his forecast thought temps down here would be 6 to 9 today. The forecasted uppers of -3 to -1 suggested similar. alas even in heavy rain it has never gone above 4 here.

Any chance there could actually be widespread back edge snow on this front as it retreats?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Temp back down to 3c here with annoying drizzle, south mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Let us Pray!

BCF880AE39924597B0A38FCD7DA267DF-0000334566-0003207561-00790L-CF05167ACF0643B2907B1EF8E67B8D36.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

shame this never reached the east and stalled, we could have had decent snow from it, a very final reminder of winter but it's heading back south-westwards again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

pad199207 wrote: »
    Let us Pray!

BCF880AE39924597B0A38FCD7DA267DF-0000334566-0003207561-00790L-CF05167ACF0643B2907B1EF8E67B8D36.png

22C-23C after this cold spell! would be quite a shock to the system in a really nice way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

whitebriar wrote: »
    Off topic but auto spelling on phones or tablets should be turned off.
    It makes a muck of posts turning precipitation into perception and dew point into due point in yours for example.
    Sorry i will try and rectify that in the future:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

the northern blocking may be losing it's influence but what replaces it doesn't look much warmer but its a long way off and will change no doubt.

ECM1-240.GIF?31-0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Evelyn reckons that the weather today spoiled our Christmas day!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Gee_G wrote: »
    Evelyn reckons that the weather today spoiled our Christmas day!!!:D

Loved that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭rilz

Pic up Shanes hill in County Antrim earlier
    247431.jpg20130329_152428.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

ZX7R wrote: »
    Sorry i will try and rectify that in the future:rolleyes:

Thank You :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

snowed on day I was born - 5 April 1973. also snowed 13-15 April 1999 (was working in RDS)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

amtc wrote: »
    snowed on day I was born - 5 April 1973. also snowed 13-15 April 1999 (was working in RDS)

Happy 40th in advance..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

amtc wrote: »

Yep, can verify that. One of my kids was born April 15th. 1999 and it snowed the day before. Quiet a decent fall actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Ballinastoe, near Sally Gap yesterday.
    IMG_1591.jpg
    IMG_1611.jpg
    IMG_1629.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Was working in Clonee/Dubkin 15 area this morning and it did its very best to snow. Lots of very light snizzle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

bcmf wrote: »
    Was working in Clonee/Dubkin 15 area this morning and it did its very best to snow. Lots of very light snizzle.

i was snowing when i was in tallaght hospital at 7:45 this morning. it was very light though

looks like the cold is finally on the way out, possible double figures by next weekend and a gradual rise starting from tomorrow. I was kinda hoping for a continuation of 3C for another day or so then boom 23C the following day!.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Gonzo wrote: »
    looks like the cold is finally on the way out, possible double figures by next weekend and a gradual rise starting from tomorrow. I was kinda hoping for a continuation of 3C for another day or so then boom 23C the following day!.

The closest I've ever seen to a swing in temperature like that was Christmas Day to St. Stephens Day 2010 - where I am, Christmas Day registered -12 by noon on St Stephens Day it was 10 degrees, at least a 22 degree shift in temperature if not more. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Deank wrote: »
    The closest I've ever seen to a swing in temperature like that was Christmas Day to St. Stephens Day 2010 - where I am, Christmas Day registered -12 by noon on St Stephens Day it was 10 degrees, at least a 22 degree shift in temperature if not more. :eek:
    And it rained, the ice built up as high as the kerb on stephens day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

snaps wrote: »
    And it rained, the ice built up as high as the kerb on stephens day.

It didn't rain where i am, at least my pipes defrosted so we could return to normality again, 3 days with frozen pipes over Christmas was pleasant, especially when it took 3 to 4 kettle loads of boiling water to defrost the outside tap so I could run a hose to the the tank it the attic. 4 times a day not nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Petrol_Head

Had to go get one last fix before it goes.

Sunset up Sally :)

Was on the M3 earlier this evening on the way into town the sun was setting and the white glow off the Dublin mountains set against the evening sky was fantastic, a rare sight at this time of year or any time of year for that matter:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

-6 @ Castlederg @ 7am. Truely remarkable for this time of the year with no snow lying. I wonder how low it got down to over the snow fields in parts of the North. Looks like a possibly reload of colder weather from the North or North West after a few rainy days next week. Brrrriiilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Wicklow Weather

Weathering wrote: »
    Looks like a possibly reload of colder weather from the North or North West after a few rainy days next week. Brrrriiilliant

Serious FI but the GFS is indeed playing with a Northerly flow from approx 17th April. Speed bump and its in serious FI so we wont hold out on it. Early next week looks interesting in terms of the evolution of the low ETA Monday into Tuesday. 3 Days ago it did not warrant a mention at 995mb latest runs its at 984mb. Jet Stream to make a dash north over a 24 hour period from 96hrs to 120hrs according to models, not set in stone just yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,189 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

That MT Cranium is some man for one man, I scoffed a bit at his warning of brush fires this morning. Not in this cold I thought! :rolleyes:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/homeowners-warned-as-gorse-blazes-break-out-29170445.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement