Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Snowing here now :D first iv seen all morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Sleet with flakes of proper snow now in D14. Getting snowier. :)

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Snow-ice Warning for Louth, Meath, Cavan and Monaghan
    Snow showers expected overnight and on Tuesday morning over Ulster, northern and eastern parts of Leinster and north Connacht. Moderate accumulations on high ground but smaller amounts at lower levels.

Issued:19 March 2013 10:00
    Valid:19 March 2013 22:00 to 20 March 2013 12:00

STATUS YELLOW

Snow-ice Warning for Dublin, Laois, Longford, Louth, Offaly, Westmeath, Meath, Cavan, Monaghan, Galway, Leitrim and Roscommon
    Further sleet and snow showers today with some accumulations, especially but not exclusively on high ground.

Valid:19 March 2013 10:00 to 19 March 2013 22:00

STATUS YELLOW

Snow-ice Warning for Cavan, Monaghan, Donegal, Dublin, Longford, Louth, Wicklow, Meath, Leitrim and Sligo
    Snow showers expected overnight and on Tuesday morning over Ulster, northern and eastern parts of Leinster and north Connacht. Moderate accumulations on high ground but smaller amounts at lower levels.

Issued:18 March 2013 22:00
    Valid:18 March 2013 22:00 to 19 March 2013 12:00

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

patneve2 wrote: »
    2.8 C here with that shower trying to make it in but very slow moving in that slack flow. Howth looks like its getting heavy snow I think

Hey Weathercheck stick to kilometers please..we dont use miles in Ireland only kilometers and I don't understand miles anyway...have a rough idea though...

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Snowmaker

Snowmaker wrote: »
    I was up in Wicklow earlier this eve. The mountain wasn't coming to me, so I went to the mountains! Snow started falling, quite heavily, around half five along Military Road on the way from Sally Gap to Kilakee. Pics below of the promised land!
    edit, won't let me attach pics from mobile...will put them up later.

As per my promise yesterday - here is Military Road (R115 Sally Gap to Killakee) yesterday afternoon, and then at about 17h30 yesterday it started to come down heavy enough - wonder is it all white up there now?

• Advertisement

Back to snizzle/drizzle here but had a full on burst of heavy snow for about a minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

fontenoy7 wrote: »
    Hey Weathercheck stick to kilometers please..we dont use miles in Ireland only kilometers and I don't understand miles anyway...have a rough idea though...

er...everyone I know uses miles and we all live in Ireland:confused:

Were you born after 1999 or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Rain in cc has now turned more to sleet...

Stopped now but turned to rain before it did

ongarboy wrote: »

Don't make a big deal about it. The signs and speeds are in kilometers only and have been for years. Please use them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

It's very probable he/she was:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

I definitely only understand km and I was born well before 1999!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sleet and (very) wet snow mix here. 2.8c DP 2.2c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Snow stopped now in south Meath, and starting to brighten up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sun, and warm when in it but damned cold the moment it disappears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

hawkwing wrote: »
    Snow-ice Warning for Louth, Meath, Cavan and Monaghan

Valid:19 March 2013 22:00 to 20 March 2013 12:00

STATUS YELLOW

Snow-ice Warning for Dublin, Laois, Longford, Louth, Offaly, Westmeath, Meath, Cavan, Monaghan, Galway, Leitrim and Roscommon
    Further sleet and snow showers today with some accumulations, especially but not exclusively on high ground.

Valid:19 March 2013 10:00 to 19 March 2013 22:00

STATUS YELLOW

Snow-ice Warning for Cavan, Monaghan, Donegal, Dublin, Longford, Louth, Wicklow, Meath, Leitrim and Sligo

Issued:18 March 2013 22:00
    Valid:18 March 2013 22:00 to 19 March 2013 12:00

Looks like I checked these a few minutes too early yesterday evening ! Meath or anywhere further south were not mentioned at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭JP85

Heavy snow now in Dublin 8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Don't make a big deal about it. The signs and speeds are in kilometers only and have been for years. Please use them.

Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahaha:D

I presume you were joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I'm no mod but isn't this completely off topic? I don't think posting in miles is against the charter so why not refrain from telling people what to do...

Heavy burst of snow with sleet/snow mix when its lighter. Dragging down colder air it seems- 3.0C with DP back at 0C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Wicklow Weather

ECM going for mini ice age as far as I can see!!! continues -8's over Ireland well into FI with GFS showing a somewhat more believable solution. Where is the betting going on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Really wet snow falling in D12 last while. Really big snowflakes, pity they're so wet & wont stick, but it looks cool all the same.

I'm no mod but isn't this completely off topic? I don't think posting in miles is against the charter so why not refrain from telling people what to do...

We don't use miles in Ireland.. fullstop... get used to it and go with the times we live in. We use euro and not pounds...do you still talk in pounds and pence?? If so you have a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

rain/snow mix here. 2.7 C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Garzard

Heavy enough snow here in D16 right now, not sticking though.

Heavy sleet/graupel

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Wicklow Weather

I am 40 minutes down the road in the Wickla Hills with an accurate temp of 6.4c, DP 5.0c!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

patneve2 wrote: »
    rain/snow mix here. 2.7 C

Ditto in nearby Dun Laoghaire, this must be producing some snow around Cabinteely/Foxrock and further up towards the hills?

Whats the prognosis for the cold air for the rest of the day, is it likely to turn more to rain or more to snow around Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

very wet snow here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

There appears to be more convection building in the Irish Sea, it could be a very interesting day.

image.ashx?type=rain-snow-sleet&time=

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement