Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

getting heavyish now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

DP at buoy M2 down to -0.1c now.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭rochestown

Snowing on Rochestown Avenue in Dun Laoghaire...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Ditto in nearby Dun Laoghaire, this must be producing some snow around Cabinteely/Foxrock and further up towards the hills?

Whats the prognosis for the cold air for the rest of the day, is it likely to turn more to rain or more to snow around Dublin?

I think that its marginal in most areas around here, towards the hills wouldn't be surprised if there was a bit of a dusting. Expect sleet showers for most of the day, maybe some snow if showers are heavy..we'll see what happens anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Getting heavy in Sandyford now

Took 25 mins to get out of my estate just across the motorway this morning with all the cars struggling to make it up the hill at the exit and the few inches of snow on the ground. +1 for winter tyres (knew they'd pay for themselves back in November :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

South Dublin seems to be getting a good pasting. Snowing on and off in Dublin 8. Bizarre to see so many snow showers in March, particularly this late in March. . April hardly a couple of weeks away.

Can see the Dublin mountains are blanketed at this stage

moderate sleet here. 2.0 C

really heavy snow now just the ground is soaking wet not sticking at all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Soups123

Getting heavier here (South Meath), snow still coming down at a good pace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

fontenoy7 given a little holiday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Snowmaker wrote: »
    As per my promise yesterday - here is Military Road (R115 Sally Gap to Killakee) yesterday afternoon, and then at about 17h30 yesterday it started to come down heavy enough - wonder is it all white up there now?

Mountain Rescue have asked people not to go up and find out, it's impassable at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

persistent snizzle in Citywest, not sticking though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Snowmaker

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Mountain Rescue have asked people not to go up and find out, it's impassable at the moment.

:D That's my evening planned so! I guess I know where I'll be going later!! Did that same drive during the event in January and made it across :D .. keep an eye on the 9 o'clock news, if you don't see a stranded motorist around Sally Gap, camera in hand, writing "snowmaker (date)" on his bonnet, then you'll know I made it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Heavy hail here. Near white out on grass / cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Parts of the north look like getting a pasting tonight. Could be several cms accumulated sneachta.

prec_nordeuro-15.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

I am seriously starting to think the sally gap area sees more snow per year than pretty much anywhere in UK and Ireland. Even on days when it doesnt feel that cold in Dublin, the place is impassable according to AA roadwatch. It is like a hub of snow activity, would give parts of the Scottish highlands a run for its money most winters !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

We have thunder??/ Maybe not.

This evening and tomorrow morning looks good for precip for much of the east coast/ east Ulster but there is warm sector involved with it which sees dewpoints widely move to 1-3c over the east, this according to the NAE.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

We have thunder??

All you need now is snow for the rarest of winter events :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

We have thunder??/ Maybe not.

This evening and tomorrow morning looks good for precip for much of the east coast/ east Ulster but there is warm sector involved with it which sees dewpoints widely move to 1-3c over the east, this according to the NAE.

Habemus Tonitrus?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I am seriously starting to think the sally gap area sees more snow per year than pretty much anywhere in UK and Ireland. Even on days when it doesnt feel that cold in Dublin, the place is impassable according to AA roadwatch. It is like a hub of snow activity, would give parts of the Scottish highlands a run for its money most winters !
    Not disputing the amount of snow, but it's also the steepness of some of the approach roads - Roundwood to Sallygap up the side of Djouce in both directions is pretty steep, and judging by the photos by Mountain Rescue of the last lot of choppers that got stuck there a few weeks back, it was mainly on this bit they got stuck rather than near the cross roads.

• Advertisement

pretty hefty shower just off the coast here, doubt it will make it on land in one piece

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

There was about an inch on the ground as I was crawling out of bed at 10, mostly gone now appart from a bit higher up, this brings the "snow event" count up to 7 for this winter equaling last winters count.

Enough now! I want spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Snowing Newcastle Dublin

Decent size flakes

sticking on cars now

if the snow had stuck since it started this morning i would say we would of been looking at about 8cm such a pity

still snowing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Wicklow mountains are good for snowfall all right and it would be interesting to compare them to the Scottish mountains where patches can survive through to the next winter. Pity we dont have more higher ground stations like the U.K met.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Snowing in Naas again

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Proper big flakes now

best of the winter

pity its not sticking:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Intermittent rain and grauple etc here in Dublin 2 for most of the day.

I worse shorts as well to work on the bike, I really regret that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Hopefully gets a bit colder and the snow starts to stick to the freezing ground:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Lodging on grass in Naas now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement