Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Wicklow Weather

The first band now appearing on radar (cheers Ian) at a fare speed with the Cork to Waterford area to see the heaviest of the initial rainfall within the next 45 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

you can take Sligo off the list ...it was 9c today and was 4.5c but has climbed up to 5.2c now so rain for us here.. .Id say it will be 6c tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

9c? Didnt think it would of got that high, max of 4c here today.
    Mid Ulster seems to be the place to be from tomorrow onwards, it seems to snowing there every day at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I see someone posted a comment under the Northern Ireland Weather status update about potential upgrades saying "Please spare a thought for the wee new born spring lambs". Fair point but I nearly spat out my tea :pac:. Interesting one to watch for sure, hopefully in for more snow here, forget what rain looks like at this point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

News release from the metoffice about the upcoming system mentions 20-30cm of snow for NI
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/news/releases/archive/2013/contrasting-march-weather?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Reiketsu wrote: »
    I see someone posted a comment under the Northern Ireland Weather status update about potential upgrades saying "Please spare a thought for the wee new born spring lambs". Fair point but I nearly spat out my tea :pac:. Interesting one to watch for sure, hopefully in for more snow here, forget what rain looks like at this point!

Most of them are going to be eaten so they'll be grand ha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Pangea wrote: »
    9c? Didnt think it would of got that high, max of 4c here today.
    Mid Ulster seems to be the place to be from tomorrow onwards, it seems to snowing there every day at this stage.

Yes Sligo and Belmullet were both 9c today briefly

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

pauldry wrote: »

Felt far warmer than that in Castlebar today, was out in a shirt and sunglasses most of the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

0z NAE paints an incredible picture for NI, serious amount of snow would fall. We are talking about half a metre type figures in upland parts. Insane.

The NAE gives 70mm in parts of NI, set to fall as SNOW.

If this were the USA, there would be mad headlines on FOX.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭justy182

0z NAE paints an incredible picture for NI, serious amount of snow would fall. We are talking about half a metre type figures in upland parts. Insane.

The NAE gives 70mm in parts of NI, set to fall as SNOW.

If this were the USA, there would be mad headlines on FOX.

Would one expect a warning upgrade to amber or maybe red? Met e have quite a bullish forecast for Ulster this morning.

• Advertisement

Last night we needed a 150km shift to get this to north Dublin, now we need a 75km shift. Going be another near miss methinks.

justy182 wrote: »
    Would one expect a warning upgrade to amber or maybe red? Met e have quite a bullish forecast for Ulster this morning.

If morning NAE backs up its 0z run i expect the METO to issue their highest level red warning for NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Last night we needed a 150km shift to get this to north Dublin, now we need a 75km shift. Going be another near miss methinks.

How about us in North Leinster, going by your 75km to North Dublin, its still probably unlikely but am i right in thinking we could easily see snow?

How about us in North Leinster, going by your 75km to North Dublin, its still probably unlikely but am i right in thinking we could easily see snow?

It's possibe but you would need to see the southerly movement in the next few runs, nobody can tell but it's not impossible.

Been looking at some snowmaps from the NI weather Facebook page. Don't know much about them but they have snow well north of the Newry area. Any opinions on this? The Met themselves seem to have all of NI included!

It's possibe but you would need to see the southerly movement in the next few runs, nobody can tell but it's not impossible.

ah yeah Thats what i taught alright, i dont expect snow, and just saw the sky news forecast has rain over us around 9pm :(, hope the new drains to the trick

justy182 wrote: »
    Been looking at some snowmaps from the NI weather Facebook page. Don't know much about them but they have snow well north of the Newry area. Any opinions on this? The Met themselves seem to have all of NI included!

This is the NAE snow accum chart, snow hugging to NI borders!

Some parts of east NI have 40cm accumulated snow forecast.

13032218_2100.gif

Wow. That's some deep purple. My Wolfe commutes to Belfast from Newry which looks to be right in the firing line. Train methinks! Thanks do all that info by the way! Not so sure I like it at this time of year though.

This is the NAE snow accum chart, snow hugging to NI borders!

Some parts of east NI have 40cm accumulated snow forecast.

13032218_2100.gif

Ha i'd be just about on the edge of the lightest pink, better then nothing :cool:, i'll take the snow over rain any day

hope for the mildies on this mornings ECM.

staying very cold till Thursday though..

Recm2401.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

There will be BLIZZARDS - Latest Met.ie warning for Donegal, Monaghan and Cavan.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

hope for the mildies on this mornings ECM.

:eek: There is another thread for that sort filthy talk!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

:( so no snow for us dubs then?

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Looks like this weekend is going to be EPIC for us in the North!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

Even if I was in the path of this possible snowfall in Northern Ireland I wouldn't be expecting too much unless I was on higher ground (200m +). It is just not that cold!

It will be an epic slushy mess for sure yeah. But looking close to the NAE snow accumulation maps it is clear the heavy accumulations are in mountainous regions, the mournes the sperrins.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

We've already planned to travel to the likes of Sperrins (Glenshane Pass).

Should be interesting none the less!

gerrybhoy wrote: »
    :( so no snow for us dubs then?

Depends on altitude. Possibly some Sunday - Tuesday even at lower levels. But I wouldn't bank on more than a cm in City Centre..though if even that fell it would be front page Irish Times.

Parts of Donegal will be interesting by tomorrow evening I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

pauldry wrote: »

Belmullet hit a balmy 10.1 yesterday :)

• Advertisement

precip totals extreme again in latest NAE for NI.

The half a metre total may not be too fanciful afterall.

A certain red warning surely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement