Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Eden3

Already lost the fence .... am seriously concerned about old trees surrounding house ..:eek:.

Wind blowing from all sides here - north Meath - very very strong.

Well wishes to all who have to drive tonight for their work! Don't envy them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Temperatures to 3.8c here now. The current dew-point profile over the north would indicate that it should fall as snow up there when the intense echoes reach there.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

The wind and rain has been wicked here for the last hour or so. Rain coming in sheets and it is sleety/icy too - can see the icy bits running down the window.

26.2mm so far today. 3.7c atm.

Higher parts of the Dublin/Wicklow Mountains must be pasted at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TAFKAlawhec

If the Met Office are right in tomorrow's forecast for Omagh's, it's gonna be brutal here. :eek:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/omagh#?tab=fiveDay&fcTime=1363910400

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Temperature has dropped from 3.4 to 2.4 in the last 50mins,dew point has maintained a -1 value light rain has turned in to moderate sleet and it is growing ever more wintry with time..watch this space

BTW I'm only 40m above sea level

• Advertisement

Do we have any posters up north?

Latest METAR has light snow at Belfast Aldergrove. That could be a hot-spot for snow tomorrow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Horrible night here in Cork City. It has been bucketing down all day here and has only eased off a little in the past half hour or so. Blackpool is flooded again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

DOCARCH wrote: »

Wouldn't be the first time this year they got it wrong! ;)
    Yeah but how many times has January snowstorm got it wrong :D
    Seriously though,I think,the met office are factoring in surface level cold advection here in determining NI snow this time.It's a particularly unusual set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Latest METAR has light snow at Belfast Aldergrove. That could be a hot-spot for snow tomorrow too.

I'm based in Derry. Have the jeep ready with full tank of petrol for tomorrow nights travels!

If the Met Office are right in tomorrow's forecast in Omagh's gonna be brutal. :eek:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/omagh#?tab=fiveDay&fcTime=1363910400

It's amazing that 2degrees is the maximum temperature fc over the 5day period in March

• Advertisement

In Omagh. Last half an hour has seen sleet starting to fall, more horizontal than vertical. Temperature still 3c.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Temp 2.2. DP 0.2
    And the rain has started.

It's snowing with me now I repeat Snowing

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭rilz

Snowing east coast antrim. Very light at moment but good sign

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

Just started to snow here!!! It really is horrendous out there with a bone chilling gale blowing!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Weathering wrote: »
    It's snowing with me now I repeat Snowing
    Pics or GTFO

Jeez, if that precipitation was falling as snow, it would be whiteout! Heavy stuff. Hoping you lads get hammered so we can least live off your pictures! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Love how people around Dublin get a bit of snow and are now dying for more, can't beat a nice Atlantic storm in the west, gust of 104/kph in Castlebar and its bucketing it down

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Twitter: @barryflood

BF6oi-KCIAAWdSO.jpg

Twitter: @barryflood

BF6oi-KCIAAWdSO.jpg
    He lives in Omagh according to his profile, must be somewhere else the town as there's still no snow here, just sleet.

Edit: It is snowing here now, or at least its a mixture of sleet & snow as I can see some white patches forming in the grass below where I live. Wind is making it difficult to tell without venturing outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

NW is up back and running for anyone interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Wish it was falling as snow in Dublin , would be like winter 2010 all over again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

7.2c in Sligo now ... shyte!

It could be 15c by tomorrow morning at this rate.

Think it will make interesting reading when we see temperatures of 2 or 3c in the North and 12c possible in the warmer areas. Boundary would appear to be Ulster

How about changing the thread title? Unless I've just woken up from a 24hour coma it's snowing across Northern locations already

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

pauldry wrote: »
    7.2c in Sligo now ... shyte!

It could be 15c by tomorrow morning at this rate.

Think it will make interesting reading when we see temperatures of 2 or 3c in the North and 12c possible in the warmer areas. Boundary would appear to be Ulster

Showing up 3c for Markee Castle on met.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Weathering wrote: »
    How about changing the thread title? Unless I've just woken up from a 24hour coma it's snowing across Northern locations already

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056908180

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Worst rain in ages here tonight. My football on state of the art astro turf pitch tonight had to be abandoned half way through coz of flooding.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

High winds and light rain in east Meath (Stamullin)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 helloyeshi

Super hoop wrote: »
    High winds and light rain in east Meath (Stamullin)

Indeed, heavy heavy winds coming in off the sea in Bettystown.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement