Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Petrol_Head

After that forecast - crazy how temps can change so much between north connaught/leinster & Ulster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

my wifes cousin who lives in balbriggan just posted on facebook saying she hopes her apartment stays standing til morning. must be very windy up there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Blackpool flooded again about a foot or more

only video i can find

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5-gGAt7228

dave1982 wrote: »
    Blackpool flooded again about a foot or more

will the tower be closed tomorrow?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

my wifes cousin who lives in balbriggan just posted on facebook saying she hopes her apartment stays standing til morning. must be very windy up there

Boom time Build???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Brianmeath

Ya wouldn't put a rumor out in that!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Pangea wrote: »
    Showing up 3c for Markee Castle on met.

Yeah Markree and Sligo are completely different climates even though they are next store. Usually there is 2c in the difference but there is 4c tonight.

Just going to check a second thermometer cause maybe the 1st one is faulty due to the soaking its getting

No the other says 7c and its rising so we just must be getting the milder sea air in the town. Rain is bloody cold though so I can see how it will be snowing in Donegal and parts of NI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Radar interferences over Wexford/Wicklow/Carlow/Kildare etc for the last few weeks is getting tedious. Stemming from Dublin it seems, big long straight edge fingers beaming out. Annoying not being able to see how the band actually looks. We have had a fair bit of rain now, really picked up, yet radar suggests minimal for me. Any point in sending ME an email? Or are inferences like this out of their control? But it's been weeks now, and Raintoday don't seem to have an issue, but I can't load that too well on my phone.

Super hoop wrote: »
    Boom time Build???

2006 afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Just home. Heavy wet snow here its awful night. Grass turning white in places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TAFKAlawhec

Still sleeting here in Omagh more than snow, but now blowing near horizontal as the wind has picked up. According to OmaghWeather.com gusts are hitting 54km/h.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Weathering wrote: »
    How about changing the thread title? Unless I've just woken up from a 24hour coma it's snowing across Northern locations already

There is a thread for the Northern regions as it was requested , this is mainly for going forward and every other poor sod getting rain , now away and enjoy your snow :p

I think what is going to happen is that milder air is going to head northwards over most of Ireland (which is why Sligo is so mild now) but then it will push back South tomorrow and it will be 4c here and 1 or 2c in the North where I doubt it will go above 4c at all

Howling wind there gust of 53knots at 1207am highest of the event so far for Sligo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Update. just made my tea. look outside proper snow now huge flakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

Light rain,turning to light sleet now,in east meath (Stamullin). Any chance of snow here??

Turning into full snow now here in Omagh with blizzard conditions. Starting to lie somewhat on grass parts but not on roads or pavements which are too wet.

Thermometers both broken

One reading 10.7c and the other one 9c

Theres sleety rain falling

Any ideas how to fix a digital thermometer

N15 Bundoran traffic cam

550036_600197190009552_224100225_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭tomcosgrave

solas111 wrote: »
    Ummm, the Gods are telling you something.

Yep, they're telling me to bring an extra layer of clothing next time I'm out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Thermometer too close to house is reading 4.2C- Its usually about 1C too high... Feckin wind and rain has assassinated my other two sensors! :(

Anyone with snow needs to put up pics, I need my snow pic fix. :)

Dan :)

• Advertisement

If you're on Facebook, the "northernirelandweather" page is worth keeping an eye on as lots of northerners are contributing to it. Looks like a total whiteout on the Glenshane pass on the Derry to Belfast road at present, though that's likely given its location.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

It seems to have arrived in Belfast. M2 Traffic cam.
    245959.jpg

Snow getting heavier now in Omagh with accumulation on the grass and solid sheltered surfaces starting to build nicely and a film of wet snow now lying on the roads. Wouldn't like to be caught outdoors now!

lights have been flickering like mad here in arklow for the last few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The same here in Dublin 7!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Likewise in Dublin 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

lights have been flickering like mad here in arklow for the last few minutes
    The same here in Dublin 7!
    Funny enough they have started flickering here,hmmmmm interesting

Not a great image, but I took this outside my window here in Omagh a few minutes ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Yep thought I was imagining it- Lights flickering in D14 atm.

Dan :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Proper snow here now,ground wet hopefully it starts to accumulate soon. Lights are flickering like mad,I suspect the power cables on high ground are going to a fight on their hands. I went for a spin up Barnesmore gap over an hour ago,it was mental up there. Will post pics tomorrow when i have my camera with me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement