Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

lights flickering here too in county meath:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

delw wrote: »
    Funny enough they have started flickering here,hmmmmm interesting

where in d17 are you? im from edenmore and have relations in belcamp

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

Lights are Flicking here in Coolock

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

58 knots recorded at Malin Head

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Burnell apts beside the hilton hotel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TAFKAlawhec

My lamp's been flickerin' here too in Omagh. Anyway to add to the photo, here's a short video clip - you can hear the wind strike the fan vent along with a clock ticking :P And it's getting heavier still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

58 knots recorded at Malin Head

Tell me about..crazy blizzard outside now
    Hell to many heaven to me

My lamp's been flickerin' here too in Omagh. Anyway to add to the photo, here's a short video clip - you can hear the wind strike the fan vent along with a clock ticking :P And it's getting heavier still.

Tedious clock one might add

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Weathering wrote: »
    Tedious clock one might add

But he has a hell of a front row seat for lamp post watching:pac:

Really starting to come down now here in Omagh. I'm currently uploading a better video overlooking the town taken about 10 minutes ago.

Oh and the kitchen clock sends its apologies. :pac:

• Advertisement

Apologies for the occasional out-of-focus, the camera I took this with can be slow to autofocus and I didn't want to leave the window open too long. :eek:

Kitchen window getting a bollocking

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

Filth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

@ Taf
    You are just showing off now:rolleyes:
    Umpteen Lamposts, a McDonalds and a heap of snow?????:p

Smidge wrote: »
    @ Taf
    You are just showing off now:rolleyes:
    Umpteen Lamposts, a McDonalds and a heap of snow?????:p
    I aim to please ;)

Looking at the radar looks like it could stop pretty soon in Stranorlar. Sickening,unless it stalls and tilts. Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

Shusssssshhhh don't say that in case it hears you :eek::eek::eek: I'm not far from you and it's still coming down nicely

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

is it moving northwards much faster than expected, clearance already getting into the north and well into Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 BaRmy79

Lights flickered a few times here in Dublin 15 in the last 45 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Gonzo wrote: »
    is it moving northwards much faster than expected, clearance already getting into the north and well into Donegal.

It appears us but just to do with us ready accumulate precipitation incorrectly as pure radar type charts, also, a second band to form to its south. It may be slightly further north but not as dramatically as sit seems ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Right bedtime, been close to 24 hours straight of gale force winds here in Castlebar and non stop rain, power has already gone once her tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Xenji wrote: »
    Right bedtime, been close to 24 hours straight of gale force winds here in Castlebar and non stop rain, power has already gone once her tonight.
    same in kilkenny but without power issues. keeping me wide awak..zzz

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Radar currently looks thundery with heavy rain in Limerick region, cells heading NNW across Clare towards Galway. Any reports?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Penname

The Wicklow Mtns seem to be taking the sting out of anything heading for east Kildare. Even yesterday, it blocked us from getting anything more than drizzle.

Got some 40 km/hr winds overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lads that was one crazy assed night, The Wind and Rain was unreal :), around 11.45 i taught we were going to get some snow, cos it started mixing with the rain but it just went back to rain then. Wind was crazy, have'nt heard it like that in a while, and my new drainage system seems to have done the trick so hopefully i can start to enjoy the weather watching again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

Very stormy night. With regards UK and Northern Ireland snow it would seem that accumulating snow is very patchy.

Will that change today?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,430 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wettest day since i started recording by a country mile here. 50.8mm since 9AM yesterday and still raining heavily. Flooding all over the garden :(

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Lashing rain here if only........................

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Can anyone tell me where i can get a rain gauge, would love to be able to measure the rain, cos since the winter started we've had well over a barrell of rain here. Not the greatest measurement in the world but its still alot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

bucketing rain here. Oh if this were snow............!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement