Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

Bray main st 10 mins ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

The heaviest ppn is moving out to sea north-east of Dublin now, clearing the city before people leave work thank jaysis

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭cowana

red_bairn wrote: »
    Drive through Kilternan. :rolleyes:

Dont go through Kilternan/Stepaside Enniskerry rd.
    All under water about 3 - 4 ft.
    Just spent an hour in Sally gap walking the dog. Very Windy and sleet blowing sideways. Roads up on the Gap are all open and plenty of Tar exposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

almost calm here now, only a slight breeze yet strong gale force 9 was expected in the Irish Sea today? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Anyone knows how badly affected the M1 is near Ballbrigan? I have to take very early bus on morning to Airport, just want to know how bad it is!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Any sign of this stopping any time soon? I'm wondering if I'll be better off getting a boat into work this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Mr Bumble

In Stockholm for the match and NI weather made the news!!!
    It was -7 here at midday in glorious sunshine....bitter, bitter cold though and they're not talking a bout a respite until the end of next week....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,948 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

CuLT wrote: »
    Is this the documentary you watched?

Could have been Creedons Cities on RTE, in the first ep he went down underground with a guy from the council along the Dodder as far as the weird gate where it empties into the Liffey:

http://www.rte.ie/tv/programmes/creedonscities.html

Cant find a full ep anywhere...

Any sign of this stopping any time soon? I'm wondering if I'll be better off getting a boat into work this evening

Signs of it easing in the Dublin area, rain rate has relaxed significantly here (DUblin 3)

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

The sun in out in Cork city and quite pleasant 9c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

dopolahpec wrote: »
    Signs of it easing in the Dublin area, rain rate has relaxed significantly here (DUblin 3)

No easy up in Dundalk, getting worst actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Clearance from the South nearly here, and thank fook for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Just started snowing in Letterkenny I'm at 153m here though so may be different in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Eased off alot in D14 for about 10 mins but has intensified again!

Dan :)

Looks to me as if these rain systems were more progressive northwards than the models were predicting.

Settling snow so far has been minimal at low levels even in areas of the UK which were seen as a dead cert for heavy falls.

Tonight might be a different story, but the rain fronts will surely soon start to weaken, so I imagine the risk of mega blizzards is decreasing.

Then the -8, -10 uppers return, for the last time this year (my personal hope) for one last sneeze of 'imagine this synoptic profile in january' graupel disappointment and hopefully mother nature will then realise it is spring!!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭justy182

I would agree partially regarding settling snow. The Met warnings were a little too widespread. Mostly low level rain so far. However, if on takes a look at the traffic watch NI site and look at the amount of road closures the are with 40cms plus snow drifts around mid Down, oitlying parts of Belfast and central Antrim, the falls of lying snow have been very significant. Definitely not all in areas of high ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Still lashing wind and rain in Waterford, 36 hours at this stage. Must be somewhere over 60mm at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Big drifts higher up in the Isle of Man

http://www.dotet.co.uk/index.php?type=webcam&id=6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Via Broadsheet ..Enniscorthy, Co Wexford

Pic is too Large ...so link

http://cf.broadsheet.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/BF98J7ECUAAfXXN.jpg-large.jpeg

**Smaller size Edit **
    245994.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Still lashing wind and rain in Waterford, 36 hours at this stage. Must be somewhere over 60mm at this stage.

Waterford Weather

A station record 63mm of rain has fallen in Waterford City in the last 36hrs. Max gust yesterday was 84km/h and today so far 73km/h.

.....and that was posted about 2hrs ago

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Heavy wet snow shower just eased over us now in stranorlar. Ground is completely saturated. I don't think I'll get a covering of snow now tbh,I can't see much more shower activity over by my way. Last night it snowed properly for an hour and a half but this was after an hour of sleet,the snow had accumulated on the cars and grass but it was very slushy. It didn't snow for long enough and there was nothing left this morning. Seems the place to be in Eastern Ulster or high ground

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Still raining away here. 33.2mm since midnight. Event total of 61.4mm. That's 61.4mm in round about 24 hours! Rain stated at 1pm yesterday.

4.4c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭justy182

Weathering wrote: »
    Heavy wet snow shower just eased over us now in stranorlar. Ground is completely saturated. I don't think I'll get a covering of snow now tbh,I can't see much more shower activity over by my way. Last night it snowed properly for an hour and a half but this was after an hour of sleet,the snow had accumulated on the cars and grass but it was very slushy. It didn't snow for long enough and there was nothing left this morning. Seems the place to be in Eastern Ulster or high ground

Not all parts. Was sure we would get some but instead, soaking rain here. However, travel about 5 miles north of us here and there are whiteout conditions so it seems at times. Newry is down in a big hole, no pun intended, and all the surrounding areas get it but we get rain. Not the first time this year either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Global warming they say that's the last time ill recycle

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

this has got to be the worst March on record - I dont mind the cold , but the never ending rain is a nightmare - please mother nature , give us some blue , cold or hot

Enniscorthy Flood rescue :cool:

Floody+Place+001.JPG

Follow all the action on the Wexford Forum.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055935316&page=42

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Match postponed in Windsor park tonight. Trying for 3pm tomorrow instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Latest NAE says that the front will push back and sit over Ireland Saturday night and into Sunday. But will have weakened a lot at that stage so I would say light snow at best (moderate on higher ground)

Not a good day for small coupe cars !

Location Dundrum
    flooding-2-390x285.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

What surprises me is that people try to drive through floods. Its gas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement