Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Temp is continuing to budge in moderate rain.

3.1c now.

Let's get this done tonight!

1.8c and dew point of -1 and its spitting sleet on and off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Some deep snow in pics from the north on twitter- Looks like 8" in places.

Temp is dropping here with steady light rain after a heavy burst for last few hours.

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Some deep snow in pics from the north on twitter- Looks like 8" in places.

Temp is dropping here with steady light rain after a heavy burst for last few hours.

Dan :)

yes some some pics of some plasterings >1 foot! Jammy So and So's

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

How's the snow foot looking for Dublin at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭Speak Now

How's the snow foot looking for Dublin at the moment?

Two-Feet0009.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Bsal

Dublin might get some snow over night

Capture_zps9a875b4a.png

Capture1_zps7b7c9494.png

I don't think it will be cold enough to stick for long about 2C around Dublin

Capture2_zpse34047a9.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Bsal

The forecast at Dublin airport, tomorrow night 40% chance of moderate snow showers

TAF EIDW 222300Z 2300/2324 11016KT 6000 -RA SCT005 BKN008 OVC020
    TEMPO 2300/2308 4000 BKN004
    TEMPO 2302/2308 RASN
    TEMPO 2309/2315 10018G28KT 9999 BKN012
    TEMPO 2312/2324 4000 SHRASN BKN010 BKN018CB
    BECMG 2315/2317 10019G29KT
    PROB40 TEMPO 2321/2324 1200 SHSN BKN004=

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Petrol_Head

Left sligo just shy of three hours ago. Went to Manorhamilton, Blacklion, Enniskillen, Monaghan, Ardee, Drogheda and now just arrived in Laytown. 6 degrees leaving Sigo. 2.5 from Leitrim to Monaghan, back up to 3.5 here. Wet and windy the whole journey, no sleet or snow to be seen anywhere. Seems to be much wilder here than it was over west.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Two-Feet0009.jpg

curse that bloody type-o ... front i meant front :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Regarding that Dublin taf-A 40% probability of snow means they think it will snow.Anything above 30 does.
    The lack of a minus sign means moderate alright,which in most peoples books means quite snowy.
    A plus sign there would be unusual.
    The fact someone didn't put a minus there means they are probably prepared for disruption at the airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Hero777

Well folks took 4 hours or so but traveled to Derry with no real problems. First real snow I seen was on the Glenshane pass and the onwards to the home place. See picks took at around 7 this evening.

It's started snowing here (Limavady/Dungiven) around 8 and hasn't stopped. Will post some pics in the morning of the aftermath

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sky news shows the snow event from the UK moving and becoming confined mainly to the east coast of Ireland from South County Down to Wexford from tomorrow evening and lasting into Sunday afternoon. There forecasts for Ireland usually aren't great so i wouldn't be geting too worried/excited just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Heavy snow here at the moment, about a half inch on the ground. Just a shame this wasn't in winter time when the temperatures would be even lower ensuring every bit of it stuck

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Where are you Nacho?

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Where are you Nacho?

North West London.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

well the snow MT predicted north of a Drogheda, Athlone Sligo line didnt materialise for me anyway, Nothing but wind and rain all night, although it feels like its about -10 out there so maybe we might get something today

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Patience...the colder air is very very slowly filtering south.

Patience...the colder air is very very slowly filtering south.

and it will make it just when the front dies entirely :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I'm after looking at some rainfall charts on the TMT website, it looks like its not as intense as it was, and anything out of it doesnt make much impact here, just the north

• Advertisement

That's very uncharacteristic of you! :eek::D

Yes, the front will fizzle out, but, it will probably take at least 36 hours for it to die completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Heavy snow here at the moment, about a half inch on the ground. Just a shame this wasn't in winter time when the temperatures would be even lower ensuring every bit of it stuck

OMG I'm in London! Haven't looked outside the hotel window yet...could there be snow...?!

That's very uncharacteristic of you! :eek::D

Yes, the front will fizzle out, but, it will probably take at least 36 hours for it to die completely.

Some of the huge totals of snow and pics i have sseen have left me disgruntled :D;)

leahyl wrote: »

OMG I'm in London! Haven't looked outside the hotel window yet...could there be snow...?!
    I love it :-)
    Ask boards rather than look out the window :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Jezz come on Leahyl waiting here with baited breath.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I love it :-)
    Ask boards rather than look out the window :-)

Haha! Well I'm not nearest the window and my friends are in the room too so didn't want to disturb them! But i did look out the window anyways and it's very light snow :-D

You should go to a park and walk around in the snow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Just flicking back to midnight on the NW Extra radar. That is one static front ! Literally hasn't budged an inch !

Haha! Well I'm not nearest the window and my friends are in the room too so didn't want to disturb them! But i did look out the window anyways and it's very light snow :-D
    Buy a freezer bag and bring some home :-)
    Probably get confiscated by customs in Cork ;-)

• Advertisement

The snow is melting:( If this was back in January, even allowing for the heat island effect, it would stay around.,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement