Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Petrol_Head

only a gentle breeze here just down the road?

It's crazy. Sea is pure white. Wheelie bins on sides. Shrubs torn off garden walls. Hasn't calmed a bit since last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

LordSutch wrote: »
    I get the impression that NI is currently the most badly affected part of the UK, re snow drifts.

It is,I left out 12 foot "plus". I've lost all hope of a decent fall here,all the forecasts point to the east of ulster getting whatever more snow there is left to fall. This has been in the top3 worst snow winters I've seen for my location.

Parts of NI had a week of lying snow in January and we had nothing. I've never ever seen them get so much snow in a Winter when we got nothing. A bad year for the North West. Better luck next year I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Jordan5372

heading up to donegal in a bit from Dublin, what the roads like up that end ?

Yet NI call off a game.

Yeah it's a disgrace cancelling the rescheduled game. I heard they didn't put covers down. You can't really blame them they don't have many resources but they shouldn't have reorganised it for the next day unless they were sure they could hold it. Imagine being a Russian fan changing flights etc for nothing

Jordan5372 wrote: »
    heading up to donegal in a bit from Dublin, what the roads like up that end ?

Some high level routes in Donegal may have snow cover but nothing in comparison to NI. Certain routes in NI will be bad but overall you should be okay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Weathering wrote: »
    Yeah it's a disgrace cancelling the rescheduled game. I heard they didn't put covers down. You can't really blame them they don't have many resources but they shouldn't have reorganised it for the next day unless they were sure they could hold it. Imagine being a Russian fan changing flights etc for nothing

You're not in the best of moods today Weathering? :pac:

In fairness the US games shouldn't have gone ahead, it's not safe for the players.

Didn't realise NI were after cancelling the rescheduled game, that is madness.

MidMan25 wrote: »
    You're not in the best of moods today Weathering? :pac:

In fairness the US games shouldn't have gone ahead, it's not safe for the players.

Didn't realise NI were after cancelling the rescheduled game, that is madness.

Ha I'm not really. As long as ROI isn't cancelled I'm good. I just meant it is a bit a of joke cancelling a rescheduled game

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Are we getting snow or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Are we getting snow or what?

Yes we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Yes we are.

Where and when do you reckon Steve?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Jordan5372

any snow planned for Donegal province over next few days lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

10,000e worth of plastic material would cover that pitch

are they that hard up?

Deank wrote: »
    Where and when do you reckon Steve?

Sorry, i was just being sarcastic as it was a silly question.

Looks like East/North East event if we get precip.

10,000e worth of plastic material would cover that pitch

are they that hard up?

I don't know if that is a fact. I'm taking that from tweets I've seen but it's not snowing in Belfast now so surely a cover would have done the job. Every time I seen it on the news they were scraping snow off the pitch not a cover in sight ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

dopolahpec wrote: »
    With regards 'UK and Northern Ireland' snow it would seem that accumulating snow is very patchy.

UK and Northern Ireland snow?

Bit of a contradiction in terms going on there :))

Sorry, i was just being sarcastic as it was a silly question.

Looks like East/North East event if we get precip.

I thought you were alright, mine was too, I'm still waiting for the "When will it snow in my back garden" questions:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Was looking forward to watching that game, as there is nothing worth watching this afternoon on tv.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

67.7 MILE PER HOUR gust just now. 4.1c & 1.9dp. Crazy here at the beach!

that's strange hardly a breath of wind here all day. very calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

the snow seems as heavy now as it was in the north of england. it has according to the radar pepped up a bit here, which goes against the forecast for the precipitation to weaken as it heads south

Robbed these pics from Sky News website, some impressive depths recorded.

pic25-1-522x293.jpg
    pic1-2-522x293.jpg
    pic5new-2-522x293.jpg
    099a3f39-17a1-4359-814a-2cfe06a09748_400.jpg
    pic4new-1-778x437.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Macy0161

snaps wrote: »
    Some of the anti UK weather posts on here is starting to sound and read like the after hours forum. The UK have far more interesting weather than us, that's fact. Warmer and sunnier summers, colder and snowier winters. Some of the Facebook pics I've seen from UK have been taken at sea level. Some from the north west is astounding. I'll try and post some.
    It's also a lot bigger land mass and higher population density, which can distort things a bit too when looking at a distance. For example snow is rare enough in south Manchester whilst higher parts of greater Manchester (like Rochdale where one of those photos was taken, or bury) regularly get snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

A few Facebook pics from just across the water in Wales.... God Damn it!!
    63991_10200503399854759_1886776140_n.jpg

164245_10200503401454799_1900026426_n.jpg

What's that building in the Irish Sea between 15.50 and 16.00hrs? Are the North in for some streamers?
    image.ashx?type=rain-snow-sleet&time=

Is that some activity I see in the Irish sea on the radar, or is it snow fatigue?

I'm gonna round up the troops and do a snow dance

Is that some activity I see in the Irish sea on the radar, or is it snow fatigue?

^^^^ Beat you too it, spotted it too, some nice convection building and heading towards Ulster.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

could be another snowy night from Newry up to Belfast/Larne and towards Lough Neigh.

Hoping for that convection to start beginning further south as temps drop here on the East. That or more easterly wind!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

No end in sight this evening to this cold spell
    Might not deliver buckets of snow but is remarkable for late March (temps 10C below normal)
    Windward coasts should at least see some snow falling through the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

main story on radio nova is that dublins to get 10cm of snow tonight,any views on this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement