Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Light snizzle in Waterford atm

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

anybody got a link to the arklow weather station or is it defunct at this stage?

Used to have a link a couple of years back then it was lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

bit more blue showing on the radar over north dublin/meath..anything falling over that way?

www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

the ecm keeps throwing up these amazing charts but we never get whats promised,we do get close but we never hit the jackpot ....maybe its the glass half empty syndrome but i wont be holding my breath over the next weekend...maybe its time for spring to be sprung:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Petrol_Head

notnumber wrote: »
    bit more blue showing on the radar over north dublin/meath..anything falling over that way?

Nothing here yet. :(

Clinging on to unlogical hope though. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Snowing lightly in Wexford town. Surprisingly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Dry as a bone just south of Balbriggan

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just the usual light flakes/snizzle blowing in the wind here,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

baraca wrote: »
    Snowing lightly in Wexford town. Surprisingly
    There seem to be a few showers pepping up and been blow in that direction on will it rain today radar when you zoom in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Showers appear to be popping up just north of Dublin, any reports yet?

And I'm watching the blob that just popped up south of Anglesea at 19:45 with interest, straw clutching again me thinks.

image.ashx?type=rain-snow-sleet&time=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Gonzo wrote: »
    just the usual light flakes/snizzle blowing in the wind here,

The usual, give us a break :pac::D

You've got very light snow. Get your happy face on!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 snowlover

Something falling out the sky looks like sleet in navan :) hopefully it will turn to snow!! I've been waiting all day and watching the radar!!

snowlover wrote: »
    Something falling out the sky looks like sleet in navan :) hopefully it will turn to snow!! I've been waiting all day and watching the radar!!

Time to lamp post watch instead now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Very light snow falling around Sutton, can only see it by looking at the lampost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

bcmf wrote: »
    Dry as a bone just south of Balbriggan
    Edit/Update:
    A bit of lampost watching has revealed a bit of an attempt of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Very light snow falling around Sutton, can only see it by looking at the lampost

Well that's what it's there for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I can now confirm that there is Snow falling in north county meath...... although due to the size of the flakes i'm highly embarassed to say it

• Registered Users Posts: 35 snowlover

Definitely snow very very light in Navan Meath! I am glued to the window watching the lamppost :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Radar doesn't look impressive at the moment. Humidity at 80%, winds gale force like. We were here two weeks ago, I seen my first blizzard conditions in this country. Didn't stick which didn't matter. It looked beautiful.

Our weather makes us appreciate these things all the more.

Good luck lamppost watching guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Pics or GTFO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

I can now confirm that there is Snow falling in north county meath...... although due to the size of the flakes i'm highly embarassed to say it
    jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Pics or GTFO!

check out "macro" on your camera

There's definitely something building up in the Irish Sea and heading in the direction of Dublin, whether it will have anything to deliver is another question.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

dry calm and cold here in carlow and looking at the radar i dont expect much tonight...i think lampost watchin is outta the question for me:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

interesting.... wonder will we get anything from this from the south of wales?

looking at the ME radar looks like there aint much in it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Snowing in Navan!

interesting.... wonder will we get anything from this from the south of wales?

I've been watching that with intent for the last half an hour or so, it seems to be increasing in intensity, let's hope it drops something, Dublin, Wicklow and N Kildare could potentially see something from it, at this stage it's a 10/1 shot.

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Snowing in Navan!

Happy Christmas, the Easter Bunny is dropping you off some presents. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Where are these showers being reported in Wexford and Waterford coming from? I can't see anything down there in the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Deank wrote: »
    Happy Christmas, the Easter Bunny is dropping you off some presents. :pac:

Nah it's not like it's gonna stick or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

Nothing here in Dublin 22, clouds looked promising earlier but nothing :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement