Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Petrol_Head

Driving from Laytown to Letterkenny tonight. Not leaving until the streamers get a bit more intense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Deank wrote: »
    Light snizzle falling here N/E Kildare
    Deank were exactly is the stretford end in kildare.
    Also seem to be showers moving into wexford on will it rain today radar

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

Navan

Temp 2.8
    DP -5.6
    Wind 21kmh
    Wind chill -0.4
    Humidity 54%

Nothing falling yet but dark clouds over head.

bilston wrote: »
    Absolutely desperate scenes on the local news in NI tonight. Thousands of sheep and lambs are likely buried beneath 15 foot snow drifts across rural parts of Antrim and Down.
    Sadly, most people will only worrie that the price of lamb will rise

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

snowing small bit here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

I propose a minor rearrangement of the British Isles for the next couple of weeks. We can put it back to normal in May. What do you think?

5Z1alWR.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

ZX7R wrote: »
    Deank were exactly is the stretford end in kildare.
    Also seem to be showers moving into wexford on will it rain today radar
    Allenwood / Robertstown area ZX7R, sizzle has stopped now but there are some dark clouds approaching.
    Edit it is now heavy sizzle

Gerry said snow twice, a ramp by the met

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Petrol_Head

SNOWING IN DROGHEDA!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

The wind chill is a killer out there. I could feel it burn off a layer or two of skin. Felt like i just had a face lift.

talk of us missing spring, that would be devastating too alot of businesses and home heating bills. Enda may have to raid our savings account after all.

Dublin 4 has been quite dry, with the breeze and low humidity i got 8 loads of washing dry (met should advise on clothes drying days. Wife thought I was mad putting them out. Who's mad now?)

Alot of people were 'calling' winter.... Well I'm calling spring. It's over, nothing to see here, see you all next year.

��

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Deank wrote: »
    Gerry said snow twice, a ramp by the met

I nearly fell off the chair:eek:

If Gerry says "snow" the must be "snowmageddon" on the way:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

SNOWING IN DROGHEDA!

You need a hand shovelling your drive, give us a call :pac:

Looks like things are starting to pep up in the Irish sea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Nabber wrote: »
    The wind chill is a killer out there. I could feel it burn off a layer or two of skin. Felt like i just had a face lift.

talk of us missing spring, that would be devastating too alot of businesses and home heating bills. Enda may have to raid our savings account after all.

Dublin 4 has been quite dry, with the breeze and low humidity i got 8 loads of washing dry (met should advise on clothes drying days. Wife thought I was mad putting them out. Who's mad now?)

Alot of people were 'calling' winter.... Well I'm calling spring. It's over, nothing to see here, see you all next year.

��

They do from time to time. They mentioned it in yesterday's (or maybe Sat?) online forecast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

VERY frustrating wind bearing but nice to see some activity in the Irish Sea

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

Very light sleety hail falling on and off..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

SNOWING IN DROGHEDA!

How many Flakes, 1, 2 maybe 3 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

You need a hand shovelling your drive, give us a call :pac:

Did the previous "snow story" not teach you anything about shovelling snow?;)

Bitterly cold over the past few days but there feels like a "difference" in the cold today. Gerry may very well be correct:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭thomasj

Few flakes just started to fall in Dublin city centre (Tara street) very light at the moment but who knows might intensify

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Light snow blowing around in the wind in trinity college

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

Not looking good at the moment. The atmosphere still looking well capped particularly to eastern England with a big large sheet of SC.

The Irish Sea looks slightly more cobbled with perhaps more chance of seeing some convection kick off but still very much restricted.

I do notice perhaps a light shower into Co. Down at the moment.

Still disappointing considering the flow and upper temperatures, the CAP is to be steadily eroded in the coming days however.

Hi WC,

May I ask what the CAP is ?

D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭adamstown1

Tiny little white grains in the wind...lucan, dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

More tiny snow pellets in Monkstown Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

There was a heavy burst of graupel on the M50 at Ballymount about 25 minutes ago. It was dancing over the surface like a ghostly white curtain floating along, but at 3.5 degrees, not really a chance of sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

No snow, sleet or graupel here

Beginning to be a bit more than snizzle now, photo is not the best but it's snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

derekon wrote: »

Hi WC,

May I ask what the CAP is ?

D
    In layman's language,it means,the convection is going but,the level the cloud tops can rise from it is capped by the sc cloud layer above it.
    They could go higher,then heavier showers but they can't,their climb is 'capped'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

The radar has pepped up quite a bit, pbly coinciding with the colder uppers moving in. Hope that things may get more interesting than many of us first thought. Am suprised the Southeast is so quiet

The radar has pepped up quite a bit, pbly coinciding with the colder uppers moving in. Hope that things may get more interesting than many of us first thought. Am suprised the Southeast is so quiet

Agreed some nice convection building, here's hoping it intensifies and we see a nice bit of snow, even a light dusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Snowing lightly here in D11 :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement