Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

What has kicked off the ppn over Meath / Kildare ?
    Anyone know how are why it suddenly decides to lightly snow in these areas
    You would understand it coming in off the coast but for it to kick off inland has me quite bewildered

Puzzling me too! Seems a little bit of an unusual set up. Given the Irish Sea is so cold now at this time of year, maybe, the latent heat of the land is setting off precipitation.

Just the odd snow grain here. 2.2c DP -3.1c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

im embarrassed to say that there are little mini drifts on the wipers of the cars and edges of the windscreens!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Snowing lightly :D

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Penname

patneve2 wrote: »
    Casement reporting thunder but surely it's an incorrect report
    Pretty sure I saw a flash out that direction a while ago. Nothing showed on radar though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Fairly useless stuff. Things have picked up in eastern England which bodes well gut we're still talking very light stuff!

You mean Fluff! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Only proper streamer (even if its light/moderate intensity) is South of Belfast. Other activity over the Irish Sea is just patchy and would give a slight dusting at best. Better stuff on Wednesday I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Well for those with beady eyes, the barest of ppn kicking off on the South coast.
    Then again it could be just a fish spitting out.......

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Wicklow Weather

My money is on Wednesday when winds take a more NE direction.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

aurora 527 wrote: »
    Light snow falling Waterford..:)

Very light snow hence the radar is showing nothing. Its a start though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

what an epic winter. another 956mb low getting ready for the weekend

http://dabuh.com/forecast-moves-to-real-time-gator-storm-setting-up-go-gators/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Another thing that's not helping at the moment is the surface winds are at about 10-15kts while the 850hpa winds are at about 30-35 kts.

These will gradually fall into more similar speeds as the week goes on, aiding convection.

Very light snow hence the radar is showing nothing. Its a start though :)

The UK radar did pick it up alright around 8:30pm for your area

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Any idea how long this cold will last . I'm out of oil and solid fuel and not a bean to heat the house - we are freezing slowly but surely - many like us and not sure how much longer we can all go on like this ....

I feel so Sry for people in this position. I hope it warms for u soon. Where are u living?

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Light Snow grain shower in D14. :D

atadagu2.jpg

Stopped already.

Dan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Gerry's saying snow only on high ground and at night..again...

Lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

That's the most I've ever heard Gerry say snow! Rampy McRampster ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 elizabeth mch

Its winter all year round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

dacogawa wrote: »
    That's the most I've ever heard Gerry say snow! Rampy McRampster ;)
    I know but only on high ground and at night...he must turn into an ant with bad eyesight or something when a flake hits him :D

A slight increase in precip intensity across East Kildare and Meath Counties

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

This is the best i have seen the NAE for precip for us easterners for this spell!

Maybe pathetic but at least an indicator, perhaps 1-2cms of snow by morning.

13032609_2518.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Is the radar down?

pad199207 wrote: »
    A slight increase in precip intensity across East Kildare and Meath Counties

Yup, and the east Kildare bit is annoying me very much because it simply skips over me, gives me the middle finger and drops it's load as soon as it sees the Dublin/Kildare border.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭thomasj

Strange forecast.

Tomorrow night and Wednesday snow showers in ulster and leinster

Tomorrow afternoon will see sleet possibly snow showers on higher ground.

Bitterly cold with eastern wind chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

And there goes the level 2 back to level 1 again :( happens a lot on here this year!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

radar showing precipitation over me for past 2 hours, theres been nothing here for over an hour and when we did get it, it was only a few graupal bits and the odd flake, think the radar is showing the precipitation much better than what is actually happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Some light snow in trinity again now but nothing very significant.

This is the best i have seen the NAE for precip for us easterners for this spell!

Maybe pathetic but at least an indicator, perhaps 1-2cms of snow by morning.

UKV shows something broadly similar too, although just as pathetic really.

gkr7YFp.png

Showers tomorrow could be more prevalent than people think
    There's been a noticeable shift in the ppn predictors of at least some showery activity kicking off
    Met Eireann ramping it up just a tad too!

sky looks a bit more laden here now!

• Advertisement

Showers tomorrow could be more prevalent than people think
    There's been a noticeable shift in the ppn predictors of at least some showery activity kicking off
    Met Eireann ramping it up just a tad too!

They'd want to change their graphic for tomorrow fairly lively if they're ramping :P

ZB1fQYc.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement