Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

DellyBelly wrote: »
    YOu have to much times on your hands...that was brutal

With such a user name I was sure you would have had the stomach for it !

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

dak wrote: »

With such a user name I was sure you would have had the stomach for it !

As a dub from Dublin 15 I am now starting to get fed up with all this snow activity.....still peltung down in dub 15 .... go somewhere else....like snow starved Cork or clare....me want to go fly fishing!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Sun splitting the trees here now and its also blowing light snow :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

4 Questions, please, thank you . . .

When do we expect the showers to track more from the North East ?.

Do we expect precip to pick up this evening ?

Do we expect any of to stick tonight ?.

Will any lying snow disappear with a blink of the sun in the morning ?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Short very light snow flurry here in Westport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tornando9

Snowing in Kill Village in Kildare now. Lovely big flakes blowing in the wind.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the problem with the showers is they are over as soon as they start but what ive noticed is if they last longer than 2 minutes they do start sticking to the ground and then melt instantly after the snow stops falling. If only we could get something much more prolonged and heavy we'd be laughing.

Hopefully tonight will prove excellent with a nice blanket by morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Mr Bumble

Moderate then in Delgany and pretty constant - blowing not sticking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Very light snow in Dublin 18, I can see very dark blue clouds rollin in off the coast so it should be getting heavier in the next hour or so :biggrin:

Edit: they're coming in a lot faster than I thought, probably only about 10-15 mins before it gets heavier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Panic stations @ Met.ie
    Met Éireann has issued a weather warning today, as bitterly cold weather and snow showers continue to grip the country.

Snow and ice are forecast for Leinster, Cavan, Monaghan, Cork, Tipperary and Waterford over the next 24 hours.

AA Roadwatch said that the Sally Gap in Wicklow is now impassable due to the harsh weather and Gardaí are advising motorists to avoid the area.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

dave1982 wrote: »
    Panic stations @ Met.ie

Bit of a different outcome to Gerry's forecast last night! :pac:

Panic stations here now!!!

Despite a very promising looking radar, sun is splitting the stones now! :mad: 4.1c DP 0.5c atm...but...despite that, there are still snow flakes falling.

At least DP at the M2 bouy is still (very) good at -2.6c

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

hammering down snow in Monkstown, Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Picking up now quite a bit, can't see Howth anymore and Killiney hill is barely visible.

It's coming :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Regular showers all morning in Wexford but nothing showing on radar. Was the same with the last spell.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

After a brief sunny spell, clouding over again now with snow falling again.....phew! :p

3.6c DP -0.6c now.

Well, that only produced a downpour for about a minute and it was most grauple :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

DOCARCH wrote: »
    After a brief sunny spell, clouding over again now with snow falling again.....phew! :p

3.6c DP -0.6c now.
    Same here,starting to come down light again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

non stick snow again:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Noticed temp and DP's fluctuating madly here. Five mins ago it was 6.0c with a DP of 1.0c now its 4.4c with a DP of -1.4c

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Grauppel starting in Waterford City. Clouds look ominous though, Think we could get something a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Keith96

Just walked through a blizzard in D12,it was really heavy for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Snowing in Waterford again, possible repeat of 2 weeks ago come nightfall ;)

Recent snow/graupel shower gave a brief covering/dusting.

Sun back out again now.

2.9c DP -0.2c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

This post has been deleted.
    What did they say???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

DOCARCH wrote: »

Bit of a different outcome to Gerry's forecast last night! :pac:

Panic stations here now!!!

Despite a very promising looking radar, sun is splitting the stones now! :mad: 4.1c DP 0.5c atm...but...despite that, there are still snow flakes falling.

At least DP at the M2 bouy is still (very) good at -2.6c
    Heh regarding Gerry,where's the rain boy? And lol the moon is very bright tonight and Feck me if land hasn't risen 500ft everywhere since his forecast... no change there.Zero marks out of ten again.

Doc,Do ya know I remain convinced that if this flow goes on for another week,law of averages says most of the east will see a lot of snow eventually, not just the tease we have seen so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

What did they say???

733873_10151572445416354_465963454_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

Come on Waterford! You can do this!

• Advertisement

Hoping this front occurs at the weekend, would be the first time I've had a white birthday :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement