Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

snow sticking here now but its only a flurry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Can't see there being many showers in the Waterford area tonight. Showers headed our way from the Irish Sea dissipating as they hit the North Wexford Coast.

That's a problem with the radar coverage in the area. Frequent showers have been making inroads through Wexford all day despite what the radar has been showing. It was the same story with the last few spells.

I think the Mountains are blocking the coverage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

pad199207 wrote: »
    snow sticking here now but its only a flurry

Yeah same here, the few grains falling are sticking now. Anything from now until tomorrow morning should settle. Come on Irish Sea!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

The big shower supposed to hit South Dublin breaking up at the coastline. Typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Solid runs again today. However, today has proved that Easterlies are rather worthless to me but there's no sign of a proper N'Easterly any time soon sadly. Atlantic being held at bay too well also which is ruling out any frontal snow for now. Painful having such good synoptics and getting so little. Think it's time to move house. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

John.Icy wrote: »
    Solid runs again today. However, today has proved that Easterlies are rather worthless to me but there's no sign of a proper N'Easterly any time soon sadly. Atlantic being held at bay too well also which is ruling out any frontal snow for now. Painful having such good synoptics and getting so little. Think it's time to move house. :D
    Athy cant be that bad:D,dont give up hope just yet, wait and see what M.T has to say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Wicklow mountain's seem to be sucking the live out of the shower's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Back in Offaly, light snow shower just ended. Was in Dublin today, shower activity dies off after toll bridge M4, but a few light ones still getting down this far. I'd say there won't be anymore tonight down here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

light snow for a half hour now, we need things to beef up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

hope all the lamp watchers are ready well have a long one tonight!!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bejubby

Anybody notice the blocking feature on me radar at south wicklow and all of wexford.

Possible error on the radar?
    Been like that all day even though there was showers about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

ZX7R wrote: »
    Athy cant be that bad:D,dont give up hope just yet, wait and see what M.T has to say

Ah being West of the Wicklow Moutains is a killer. Very little made it over today, and with what did, it was lasting around 10 seconds. Easterlies/South Easterlies for the reliable future, so I'm just out of luck this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

hollster2 wrote: »

I'm just down from Lansdowne Road so I wont need to watch the lamppost for the next 2 hours, it'll be on the Telly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

dacogawa wrote: »

I'm just down from Lansdowne Road so I wont need to watch the lamppost for the next 2 hours, it'll be on the Telly :D
    lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Blizzard here nice big flakes too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

hollster2 wrote: »

Would not get hopes up ..looks to happening on the radar but nothing noticeable here at all.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snowing and sticking...for now.

1.1c DP -1.2c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Snowing lightly here- some random heavier bursts. All sticking :) D14

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Very little falling, but what is is sticking. Quick turn around with nightfall and a slight drop in temperature.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭thomasj

Rain today is forecasting some heavy bursts for Dublin 15 for the coming hours so fingers crossed! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

Dublin 22 must have a snow shield up :eek: nothing happening here atm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

mumo3 wrote: »
    Dublin 22 must have a snow shield up :eek: nothing happening here atm

Nah stopped in D14 as soon as I posted... :(

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Distant photo of the western side of the Wicklow mountains from here in Newbridge:

wicklowsnow_zps49dd05ef.jpg

Now, if it would just stick at our level!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

You Dubs enjoy the weather. The skies have cleared here in the south and after seeing what has happened over the past few weeks I'm convinced that's it for the night. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Not a whole lot going on down here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭teacherhead

John.Icy wrote: »

Ah being West of the Wicklow Moutains is a killer. Very little made it over today, and with what did, it was lasting around 10 seconds. Easterlies/South Easterlies for the reliable future, so I'm just out of luck this time round.

Just back from naas towards athy, snow in naas, snow in kilcullen then bang, no snow! Only thing lugnaquilla will look serious tomorrow! It's like a,snow trap.

Livin in the lug shadow!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭thomasj

thomasj wrote: »
    Rain today is forecasting some heavy bursts for Dublin 15 for the coming hours so fingers crossed! :)

And its kicked off! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Snowing in Lansdowne. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭RoryMac

thomasj wrote: »

And its kicked off! :)
    Yeah very heavy in D.15 for the past 10-15 mins :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement