Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

i dont see anyone saying heavy snow just "snowing"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

notnumber wrote: »

Citywest..still snowing..:)
    lucky snowing on n off in kilcoole all day nothing now lol heres for hoping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Chucking it down here now and sticking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

pad199207 wrote: »

must be nice to be in naas :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Anyone have any reports of what it's like just south of Belfast? Radar showing very beefy streamers there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

The cars are white at the moment in Naasbut it is too wet for it to stick to the ground. It is 0.6c. WHY WON'T IT STICK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

heavy snow,sticky snow,flakey snow its all good:cool:

Temps gone below freezing here now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Does this look like it could land snow ???

Lucreto wrote: »
    The cars are white at the moment in Naasbut it is too wet for it to stick to the ground. It is 0.6c. WHY WON'T IT STICK.

Yep cars and roofs completely covered and grass is getting there but it is dusting the ground here

• Advertisement

stopped now went to the shop..roads completely clear.. another dusting..hard to judge by the radar it just starts and stops at will

snow globe conditions here ;:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

jo06555 wrote: »

Whatever falls would be frozen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

The blob north of Dublin certainly does, another 30 mins or so will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I wont say heavy snow but the heaviest snow today falling now in West Dublin (Ongar) since early this morning . All the cars, rooftops and grass are now white with proper sticking.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭atsbury

I hope so! It's heading towards me

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

ongarboy wrote: »
    I wont say heavy snow but the heaviest snow today falling now in West Dublin (Ongar) since early this morning . All the cars, rooftops and grass are now white with proper sticking.:D

I am only a couple of kilometers down the road in castleknock D. 15 and it is not that white....just on the rooves of cars....not on grass.....

hope its like this for the night ::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

pad199207 wrote: »

Passed through there earlier on and there was a nice covering on the grass, the hills up behind Kill were all white too, nothing but the odd flurry for the drive back to Galway, was very tempted to turn off at Kill and go higher but resisted the snow urge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Nice bit of snow heading for wexford and waterford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭compsys

Folks, some of the heavy snow being reported is nothing of the sort, a light dusting at best. Have we all forgot what heavy snow is?

Lol. I know. These reports of blizzard like conditions up and down the country are ridiculous. It's been light snow most of the days at best. Still good to see all the same though.

the snow made the austrians feel at home ..can we never get a break?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

agreed reports are totally OTT, Ive yet to see any evidence of snow depths greater than a frost (Northern Ireland excluded). and the radar is totally overplaying the situation. Ive been under heavy precipitation all day long but in reality barely a flake since 3pm.

notnumber wrote: »
    heavy snow,sticky snow,flakey snow its all good:cool:

Spoke to soon one reckons
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

looks decent dont it , fingers crossed.......

compsys wrote: »
    Lol. I know. These reports of blizzard like conditions up and down the country are ridiculous. It's been light snow most of the days at best. Still good to see all the same though.

Not true some decent snow here today..the wind was lacking a little but light snow does not do it justice..and Im sure other parts had better ..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

that image picks up our lack of showers totally, trace it all the way back to Athlone, a corridor of no preciptation from there to Swords area

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I would not be surprised if some people wake up to a couple of cm of snow by the morning,the shower's are starting to get quite beefy and more prolonged ,the reason around my area (suncroft)that the snow is not sticking on the roads is the gritter has been around twice this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

ZX7R wrote: »
    I would not be surprised if some people wake up to a couple of cm of snow by the morning,the shower's are starting to get quite beefy and more prolonged ,the reason around my area (suncroft)that the snow is not sticking on the roads is the gritter has been around twice this evening.

Austria certainly deserved the draw....the snow helped them.

• Advertisement

Wow that looks nice even Dublin looks like a good lump headed this way

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement