Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,513 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Nice covering of snow here in Lucan. Thin I'll be powering up the work laptop a home for an hour or two and seeing if the snow melts before I head to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tteknulp

Snowing heavy again in D13.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Funny enough that my auntie said there was no snow in Carlow Town this morning!

I dont like the rise in temps now sniff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Santry here.
    Probably about 1cm of snow has stuck, havent been outside yet and probably won't be able to today as I've a massive assignment to do.
    Changing from moderate to light snowfall.
    Very very dark clouds gathering out to sea though! Hopefully there'll be another big dump this evening!

Anyone know any big hills in north dublin? Might break out the snowboard if I can :p

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭adamstown1

fontenoy7 wrote: »
    Funny thing is that it has snowed on lots of occasions in Dublin this winter and spring but not with this mornings intensity.

We have already had three or four coverings in west dublin but this has been the heaviest.....west dublin normally does very well and often gets a week or so of lying snow...in 2008/2009/2010 it was closer to a months lying snow!!

This is definitely the heaviest I've seen this winter, has eased off slightly and I can see a patch of blue in the sky, if I have the window blinds open I really need to remember to put some clothes on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

Not a flake on the ground in rathnew co wicklow:mad::mad: looking at radar we should have had some in last few hours but nowt

Have thrown a few snowballs now! Dog just wants to eat them...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Sun has blitzed it in Portarlington

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭diarmuid79

Serious snow in Blanchardstown go this time of the year yippee

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

In Dublin 4 now , St Vincents Hospital,

Decent enough covering around here ,

Il go from the beginning, there was a lite covering in Newbridge this morning , so light it barely covered the grass and roads.

Here is a pic I took on the Curragh this morning at 6.30 AM

246636.jpg

photo-31.jpg

Same was for the N7 , very lite covering until I reached J10 (Naas)

All the way up the roads and snow cover got heavier till about J3 where SDCC had snow ploughs and griters on the go,

Onto the M50 at Red Cow and there was a decent snow covering around but the roads were perfect, once I got past Firhouse there was nothing and stayed like this to J14,

It was not till I got to the Nutley Lane junction on N11 did decent snow cover on Grass/Cars/houses appear

Anyway it looks lively out there in the Orish Sea :D

246638.png

Currently Lite snow blowing the wind here just off the Merion road

• Advertisement

Our poor palm trees!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

pad199207 wrote: »
    Have thrown a few snowballs now! Dog just wants to eat them...

Stop throwing snowballs at the dog!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Also seeing development in south Wexford heading for Waterford (better on UK radar than Dublin which is partially blocked by terrain).

As per forecast, think in general that activity may become more intermittent past mid-day and also sun angle (despite near-record cold) will take its toll on lying snow at least on dark surfaces, but meanwhile some potential for 5-10 cm falls in these streamers in all eastern regions. Slight risk of further thunder-snow.

This activity is not as "capped" as yesterday so it has a chance to reach at least moderate intensity if not truly heavy, and 3-6 hours of intermittent moderate snow can give 15 cm where there is no melting, but factoring in the eventual melt I imagine the depths will cease to grow past about 5-8 cm in most cases.

Signing for late delivery of cold and snow ordered for February.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

adamstown1 wrote: »

This is definitely the heaviest I've seen this winter, has eased off slightly and I can see a patch of blue in the sky, if I have the window blinds open I really need to remember to put some clothes on...
    News flash bro
    It's SPRING :D

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cantonesque

Lucan.... May as well post a picture of it before it's gone!

2909077d730a1afbd7d370bb826ab771_zpsbc0d104e.jpg

ae7282d6a719e900a45809915558b563_zpse278fcca.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Light snow blowing in wind in blackrock need heavy stuff to stick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Happy to announce that.....

I have a 0% percent snow covering in South Kildare.

F' yis all.

Oh wait, looks like a few flakes built up on the wall, ground is bone dry, roofs are damp so the bit of snow flakes from last night + frost melted already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Currently inside the VET building @ UCD and can see the light snow shower blowing past the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Big shower just hit the coast at sutton. Visibility down to 150 metres

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

John.Icy wrote: »
    Happy to announce that.....

I have a 0% percent snow covering in South Kildare.

F' yis all.
    Jealousy will get ya nowhere
    Starting to snow again here and it's just piling up more on the other snow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Getting heavier

Newcastle Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Heavy snow falling now in Clara, co. Offaly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

Extremely heavy snow in Ringsend for past 15 minutes. Heaviest I have seen since 2010 easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

Lucan.... May as well post a picture of it before it's gone!

2909077d730a1afbd7d370bb826ab771_zpsbc0d104e.jpg

ae7282d6a719e900a45809915558b563_zpse278fcca.jpg[/Quote

Dublin 15..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

got a heavy snow shower around 7 place was going white then the bloody sun came out nothing now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

hollster2 wrote: »
    got a heavy snoe shower around 7 place was going white then the bloody sun came out nothing now :(

The snow won't hang about at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Jealousy will get ya nowhere
    Starting to snow again here and it's just piling up more on the other snow

Neither will the inability to understand sarcasm..... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

We have about and inch or so on the ground here. Was snowing when I got up at seven. Stopped around half past and started again around ten minutes ago. Decent size flakes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Snowmadness

Heavy snow shower here again about 3-5cm of snow on the ground now (im at Dublin 7- 45m asl)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

Very heavy snow in Sutton Dublin at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement