Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Yeah plenty of precip left in the Irish sea, and its even better further afield, lots of precip of the UK which is being fed into the sea.

Could be snow for favoured areas for a while yet, although in the sun its unlikely anything will stick around long unless you manage an overcast situation.

Take lots of pics for me, its a crumb of comfort my fellow snow brethren have been blessed. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Actually had a decent shower just there, lasted 2/3 mins but was very intense graupel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Very heavy grauple in D18.. Even woke me up!

Can't open the window anymore unless I want a face full of it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

the end of the sticky snow here and what is lying melting fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Why doesn't any of the showers from Scotland ever make it over to Donegal? It just evaporating when it leaves Scotland and people think Isle of Man is bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

Snowing again in Leixlip

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Snowmadness

Been snowing heavy the past 20mins. About 5cm now. Dublin 7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

About three or four cm on ground here in Meath. Snowiest Spring I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

NAE for midday

13032712_2706.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Figerty

Beautiful morning here in the west, cold, sun shining and dry here for the last week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

From the look of radar this could get heavier still and become more mixed with snow pellet showers around 1030-1100h then become more intermittent and start to die off late afternoon (heresy). Would expect some heavier activity for Meath and Westmeath in about an hour, continued similar to now in Dublin and possible extensions to Waterford and Cork (city south).

To answer the question about why heavier inland (sometimes) this is actually normal for any kind of sea or lake effect streamers, they often maximize their deposition of snow inland about 20-50 km particularly where land is rising a bit more than in other spots. Dublin might actually see less snow if there were no large hills around to help unload the streamer showers.

This will turn into a bit of a contest between the snowfall and melting rates later on with variable results, on average I think the maximum snow depths will come around 1100-1200h then fade away.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Coming down well in Sandyford at the moment and sticking

• Registered Users Posts: 2 StewyG

Been snowing fairly heavily in Ballsbridge since i got to work at 8.15, not sticking though, not even on the rooftops!

can someone put up the links for the satellite images so i can see whats coming? cleared my cookies this morning and cant remember the names of the good sites! cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

snowing heavy here again yay hope we get as much now as you lucky dubs :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Very heavy snow shower here now coating all surfaces where snow had melted and topping up other snow.

When I say heavy, the house across the road is almost obscured! :p

0.8c DP -0.9c atm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Wow 20 pages overnight , dublin must have got snow

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Stopped now and its getting brighter:(

To answer the question about why heavier inland (sometimes) this is actually normal for any kind of sea or lake effect streamers, they often maximize their deposition of snow inland about 20-50 km particularly where land is rising a bit more than in other spots. Dublin might actually see less snow if there were no large hills around to help unload the streamer showers.

This would answer the posters question as to why Kildare always does well in these situations

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

Coming down heavy in Glasnevin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Blizzard like conditions now. This is as good as 2010 and 2011...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

t|nt|n wrote: »
    NAE for midday

13032712_2706.gif

And it just keeps coming, getting home from Sallins later may be interesting:D

White Out in Dublin 8 currently.

Deank wrote: »
    And it just keeps coming, getting home from Sallins later may be interesting:D

I live directly over the road from the station, if you need to seek shelter let me know :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

Snowing on and off all morning in waterford city, just like yesterday. Bigger flakes falling now

t|nt|n wrote: »
    I live directly over the road from the station, if you need to seek shelter let me know :pac:

Cheers TNT, I've the jeep with me today, going across the back roads by Osberstown will be fun:), just not nice when that thing goes sideways :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Heaviest snow shower here that I have seen sice 2010!

Coating everything again.

0.7c DP -0.6c

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

In the car there and Spin 108? said Met put have out a weather warning for today :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Taxedalot

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Very heavy snow shower here now coating all surfaces where snow had melted and topping up other snow.

When I say heavy, the house across the road is almost obscured! :p

0.8c DP -0.9c atm

Your updates are making me very jealous - left D16 this morning thinking there would be no more snow today and the lovely blanket would be gone in a couple of hours. I should have "worked" from home today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

National Weather Warnings
    MET EIREANN

STATUS YELLOW

Snow-ice Warning for Leinster, Cavan and Monaghan
    Further sleet and snow showers Tuesday tonight and on Wednesday with some small accumulations on low levels and possibly 3-5 cm on high ground. Icy patches will form on Tuesday night as well.

Issued:26 March 2013 19:00

Valid:26 March 2013 19:00 to 27 March 2013 12:00

THINK THEY GOT IT WRONG AGAIN PEOPLE GETTING A FEW INCHES

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Not a thing happening in Cavan this morning!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement