Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

zero accumilations here despite spitting snow for 24hr. snow melting on impact!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

hollster2 wrote: »
    National Weather Warnings
    MET EIREANN

[COLOR="Yellow"]STATUS YELLOW[/COLOR]

Snow-ice Warning for Leinster, Cavan and Monaghan
    Further sleet and snow showers Tuesday tonight and on Wednesday with some small accumulations on low levels and possibly 3-5 cm on high ground. Icy patches will form on Tuesday night as well.

Issued:26 March 2013 19:00

Valid:26 March 2013 19:00 to 27 March 2013 12:00

Whiteout Dublin 15!!..constant snow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

fontenoy7 wrote: »
    Whiteout Dublin 15!!..constant snow...
    blow some this way lol

Whiteout in Citywest, constant moderate to heavy snow. Wind has died down a bit so it's pretty much coming straight down.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,301 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Been snowing for hours in bray none sticking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

VERY heavy snow shower now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

stopped and melted in sandyford

Haven't seen it snow this hard in ages, crazy :o Starting to stick (Dalkey)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Heaviest its been in lucan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Very heavy again:eek:

Newcastle Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

hollster2 wrote: »
    National Weather Warnings
    MET EIREANN

STATUS YELLOW

Snow-ice Warning for Leinster, Cavan and Monaghan
    Further sleet and snow showers Tuesday tonight and on Wednesday with some small accumulations on low levels and possibly 3-5 cm on high ground. Icy patches will form on Tuesday night as well.

Issued:26 March 2013 19:00

Valid:26 March 2013 19:00 to 27 March 2013 12:00

THINK THEY GOT IT WRONG AGAIN PEOPLE GETTING A FEW INCHES

Yup they've very much understated the accumulation amounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Late saying this thanks a lot for that link about 10 pages back Ian! Their app for iTouch/Phone is very good for showing the precipitation that's coming in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Had some thundersnow this morning in Portmarnock around 7am . Woke me up with dogs barking their heads off !

Supposed to be playing golf in Glasson tomorrow. Anyone know what conditions are like and the forecast for tomorrow on the ground in the Athlone area ?

Sacramento wrote: »
    Whiteout in Citywest, constant moderate to heavy snow. Wind has died down a bit so it's pretty much coming straight down.

Update to this, even heavier now. Visibility is very poor!

Pure powder falling here and finally sticking well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Quite a lot of snow now falling (Tallaght) consistently for a few hours now. I'm no expect but it seems like it is getting heavier. Roads are just light covering, but the paths are proper snowball snow. Tyre tracks are covered in about three minutes. Only a few cm right now, a couple of inches against walls etc. It stops and starts but each time it starts it seems to be heavier than the previous time. A whiteout the last time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

Deank wrote: »

Yup they've very much understated the accumulation amounts.

Err I'm not so sure. Have you actually seen measured lying snow greater than 5cm widely?

That warning was issued yesterday. Valid until midday.

I don't believe there is widespread >5cm acc. Anyone want to post pics to prove otherwise? A ruler in lying snow, away from the mountains.

They were spot on (Met Eirean) as far as I can see

Killiney is completely gone and the shower hasn't even reached me.. This should be good :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭thomasj

Blizzard on the navan road visibility is quiet poor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

While the snow is falling really heavy now in my neck of West Dublin, I notice it is not sticking to the snow free parking spaces left be recently vacated cars so I guess the day time effect is taking place. It does seem to be accumulating on the existing snow depths which are about 3cms or so right now. I'd say if the showers remain this frequent, the sun won't have much opportunity to melt existing snow:)

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    Killiney is completely gone and the shower hasn't even reached me.. This should be good :pac:

Its a heavy heavy shower, managed to give a good dusting here right by the sea in Dalkey

Yeah it's here now but only sticking to grass. Turned to grauple again so no snow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

snowcam in my back garden

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mech11

live

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

dak wrote: »
    Had some thundersnow this morning in Portmarnock around 7am . Woke me up with dogs barking their heads off !

Supposed to be playing golf in Glasson tomorrow. Anyone know what conditions are like and the forecast for tomorrow on the ground in the Athlone area ?

I'd forget it if I was you and you'd need a heap of orange balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

there's a hole in the Clare Snow Shield !!!! Little feathery flakes of whiteness in East Clare.

Not sticking, but hey.....

Turned into nice fluffy flakes here :)

It's a lot heavier than it looks in this picture, visibility is down to about 500m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

About 2 or 3 inches on the ground out near Tallaght and still snowing (mostly lightly) on top of that. :(

EDIT: As soon as I posted that, it got heavier. Dammit!

light to moderate snow after a very heavy snow shower. Pity it didn't stick around for longer, round two seems to be going towards Bray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

fupin pouring down here in Naas!!! I dont think i seen it as heavy in 2010!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement