Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sacramento wrote: »
    Barely snowing in Citywest anymore, no sun though so the snow isn't going anywhere just yet.

Give it 10 minutes! :rolleyes: Sun is out here and snow is disappearing rapidly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Sacramento wrote: »
    Barely snowing in Citywest anymore, no sun though so the snow isn't going anywhere just yet.

There's been no sun here for about 3 days yet the snow still melts, you don't need the sun for snow to melt when it's nearly April :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Radar looks good, more baby showers forming behind the heavierstuff that will hit Dublin/Wicklow. Seems to be good activity in Louth/Meath also

• Registered Users Posts: 2 StewyG

Not a bit of snow in D4 now, skies getting brighter and some gaps in clouds almost appearing. Looks as if it was all a dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tteknulp

No Snow in D13 for an hour or so : ( , showers seem more scattered now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

didn't get too much snow here as it was clear most of the night, snowed around 7am onwards and now have a 1-2cm dusting.This must be the 5th or 6th dusting we've had this March!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

you can see it dissapear before your eyes
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mech11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Just before the auld C++ programming lecture @ 9am (UCD) the showers were looking to stay all day. Now it's all melted and no showers. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Proper pics from this morning.:D

IMAG1158.jpg

IMAG1159_BURST012.jpg

IMAG1160.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

big thaw on now here so sad to see so much snow disappear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

In 30 minutes its 90% gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

paddy ocon wrote: »
    big thaw on now here so sad to see so much snow disappear

14612_413308705409844_1056995744_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedmanDublin

patneve2 wrote: »
    Radar looks good, more baby showers forming behind the heavierstuff that will hit Dublin/Wicklow. Seems to be good activity in Louth/Meath also

Cool. Where did you hear this and when is it due to hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭adamstown1

All just about melted here, however I did enjoy the past few hours.....sky looks darker again, who knows....

Cool. Where did you hear this and when is it due to hit?

the radar

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

Showers will be hit and miss with some areas getting more and others less, some heavier showers thrown in there too. To see any accumulating snow they will need to be v heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

sun gone and the snow is back yeeehaaaaaawwww

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

snow almost entirely gone now in rathgar aw:( but the suns gone back in and the clouds have gotten very dark again and its snowing very heavily woo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Shower course has changed slightly, more of an ENE flow compared to earlier. Probably has disrupted the strength of the train so hopefully it builds back to earlier rates. Although MT expects it to die off by midday so I'm not too hopefully.

Moderate snow again Citywest.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Moderate

Newcastle Dublin

• Advertisement

John.Icy wrote: »
    Shower course has changed slightly, more of an ENE flow compared to earlier. Probably has disrupted the strength of the train so hopefully it builds back to earlier rates. Although MT expects it to die off by midday so I'm not too hopefully.

I wonder why he expects it to die out by midday...conditions are ripe for snow showers throughout the day in my opinion

moderate snow here again (dalkey). Bray looks like its gonna get pelted again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

Recent VERY heavy snow shower gave white out conditions for about 15/20 minutes. I appear to be right on the snow line (approx 85/90m) as the field on the other side of the road (which drops to about 75m) is almost completely green despite the heavy snow yet the hill to my immediate south (which rises to about 130m) has a thick looking blanket almost to the base.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

patneve2 wrote: »
    moderate snow here again (dalkey). Bray looks like its gonna get pelted again :P

currently being pelted. none sticking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

IMG_0300_zpsd511903d.jpg

IMG_0296_zps15026f41.jpg

Edit:Celbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    Late saying this thanks a lot for that link about 10 pages back Ian! Their app for iTouch/Phone is very good for showing the precipitation that's coming in!

Any chance of that link please? I have read through, but cant find it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Coming down heavy again here in D8 near Huston.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

some wonderful photos of this mornings snow across Leinster in the meteotimes website below!

http://www.meteotimes.net/2013/03/snowfall-gallery-ireland-27-march-2013.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Any chance of that link please? I have read through, but cant find it:(
    Iancar29 wrote: »
    Nice detailed forecast and radar site i found. Nice and neath. :)

http://forecast.io/#/f/53.3478,-6.2380

There you go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

lookin' good for north county Dublin and Meath area at the moment.
    I was in the park not long ago and there is very little thawing going on the further you get away from roads, traffic, houses etc ie in the middle of the park, the snow was even more crunchy than slushy.
    The sun came out briefly and it was very unusual to see such a short shadow on the snow, I checked timeanddate.com and the sun is 39.5 degrees at noon which is the same for September 15th!!
    The Irish climate never ceases to amaze!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement